Opinions on a situation I have just come across tonight please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautious

Reaction score
Hi Geeks
Don't post often but really need some opinions on a situation I was in tonight with a client!
It was a tan booking. I got to the clients address where the partner/husband let me in to the building and then let me into the property and guided me into the lounge area, to where I find the client sat on the couch with her head in her hands wrapped in a towel ready for her tan! I said hi and did all the neccesary preps for the tan to begin in this time she looked up at me (looking very strange in herself) she then said to me in a very soft voice I have just found out I have cervical cancer I was that shocked I didn't what to say she then started crying I offered her the chance to cancel if she wanted to which she replied no no it's ok I having it to feel better! I then gave her a pair of disposable thongs to put on and she started swaying all over and didn't even put them on right so I said u haven't got them on correctly she had both legs in one part of the pants anyway she eventually managed to get them on and when getting up to stand in the tent started swaying all over,(either drunk as a skunk which I assumed or high as a kite) from entering the room and seeing her in this state I felt very uncomfortable but couldn't bring myself to say I'm sorry but I don't feel comfortable to continue and just got on with the tan (which I did as quick as I could (it did come out fine by the way) lol
She also did say to me (even tho her partner was there) that he didn't know and whispered this to me!
I have come away with loads of mixed emotions tonight as I firstly don't know if i did the right thing or not
What would you do in this situation?
She also asked if I would go back next week to which I replied just text me when u would like another (I had forgotten my diary in the car) I didn't feel comfortable taking another appt there and then!
I have come home and spoken to my husband about this situation and he says I should maybe message her later and just say i have come home feeling quite emotional about what she has just opened up to me about and hope she is ok and if she needs anyone to talk to then I'm here but I said it's not right to mix business and friendship and get involved. So don't know what to do just leave it there and forget about it and hope I am never in such a situation again!!
"Sigh"

Whatever you decide to do, don't follow your husbands advice. Can of worms that one. I would just wait for her to contact you next week and take it from there. This is not your problem, she is not your friend or family. I may sound harsh but I'm sure this woman will have support somewhere. It shouldn't be you.

Hi Geeks
Don't post often but really need some opinions on a situation I was in tonight with a client!
It was a tan booking. I got to the clients address where the partner/husband let me in to the building and then let me into the property and guided me into the lounge area, to where I find the client sat on the couch with her head in her hands wrapped in a towel ready for her tan! I said hi and did all the neccesary preps for the tan to begin in this time she looked up at me (looking very strange in herself) she then said to me in a very soft voice I have just found out I have cervical cancer I was that shocked I didn't what to say she then started crying I offered her the chance to cancel if she wanted to which she replied no no it's ok I having it to feel better! I then gave her a pair of disposable thongs to put on and she started swaying all over and didn't even put them on right so I said u haven't got them on correctly she had both legs in one part of the pants anyway she eventually managed to get them on and when getting up to stand in the tent started swaying all over,(either drunk as a skunk which I assumed or high as a kite) from entering the room and seeing her in this state I felt very uncomfortable but couldn't bring myself to say I'm sorry but I don't feel comfortable to continue and just got on with the tan (which I did as quick as I could (it did come out fine by the way) lol
She also did say to me (even tho her partner was there) that he didn't know and whispered this to me!
I have come away with loads of mixed emotions tonight as I firstly don't know if i did the right thing or not
What would you do in this situation?
She also asked if I would go back next week to which I replied just text me when u would like another (I had forgotten my diary in the car) I didn't feel comfortable taking another appt there and then!
I have come home and spoken to my husband about this situation and he says I should maybe message her later and just say i have come home feeling quite emotional about what she has just opened up to me about and hope she is ok and if she needs anyone to talk to then I'm here but I said it's not right to mix business and friendship and get involved. So don't know what to do just leave it there and forget about it and hope I am never in such a situation again!!
"Sigh"

I had this recently with a client, she told me a few months ago.
She told me last week that it was good to offload to someone who she didnt really know or was friends with.
People sometimes just want a shoulder to cry on or an impartial ear to listen to them.
She was probably all over the place with the shock. I wouldn't message her , just wait and see what happens. If she contacts you again ,do her treatment , let her sound off, you don't have to get involved as such.

Thanks for the advise and replies so far
It was just so awkward as she was most certainly under the influence of something or other! But I know all right and hubby was defo wrong on his advise I would never have actually followed it! If she had confided in me about it without being "under the influence" then it may have been a slightly easier situTion to deal with!

Latest posts

Back