Opinions on gel polish brands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traveller75

Reaction score
Hello!

I currently use The Manicure Company gel polish, I'm not entirely happy with the way some of the colours cover. Which brand do you think has good coverage, pretty much throughout the range, but particularly in the lighter colours? I know sometimes the odd one or two aren't great but that's ok if the vast majority work well.

I'm looking to do conversion training with a brand so want to get the right one.

Any advice/opinions would be much appreciated.

INK London or The Gel Bottle both have really good coverage and both offer conversion courses

Another vote for The Gel Bottle. The only gripe I have is delivery isn’t quick and I’ve had issues with customer service in the past.

I've looked at ink and gel bottle....amongst many others! I love the gel bottles colour range, the pricing is practically double what I pay now, but buying cheaper clearly hasn't worked out well for me so far!

Ink are definitely a consideration too. I was looking at ugly duckling last night, but they don't offer any training at all as far as I could see, plus I noticed their e files look identical to the saeyangs but with their own branding and at a much higher price!

Thanks for the responses, I wish I was good at making decisions....It took me a month to decide on which kettle to buy before, so I imagine this is going to take a while.....

I use CND Shellac and Gel2 (Gel II)

Thanks Trinity, I would love to try Shellac but want to get conversion training and I cant find a trainer anywhere near me on S2, otherwise I would probably do a L&P conversion with CND too. I haven't heard of Gel II, but I'm going to investigate them now.

Thanks Trinity, I would love to try Shellac but want to get conversion training and I cant find a trainer anywhere near me on S2, otherwise I would probably do a L&P conversion with CND too. I haven't heard of Gel II, but I'm going to investigate them now.

The Creative Beauty Group based in Bournemouth are the authorised UK suppliers

I think cnd shellac and gellish are the best in terms of quality and choice of colours. OPI I trained with first and I’ve never really been happy with the finish.

The PRIMA gel polishes from IKON.iQ Nails apply in one coat (due to a unique pigmentation chemistry), without noticeable shrinking on the side walls or free edge, for 4 weeks of wear. While other one-coat gel polishes exist, these tend to apply thickly. With PRIMA you can create a thin natural looking nail without distorting the nail shape. Like all other IKON.IQ products, PRIMA are hypoallergenic (i.e. HEMA-free etc).

Launched last year will be available in 2 weeks.

Thanks Bob, I'll definitely have a look at that!

I’ve been using gel Perfection from diamond Glitters since they launched late last year.
Great coverage (most colours only need one coat), gorgeous colours & my clients who can’t get much wear out of shellac are now getting so much longer out of their nails. Same for me, shellac doesn’t last long on me, I’m now getting nearly 2 weeks & they look great it’s just the grow out that bothers me lol.
So would definitely recommend them!

Thanks for all the responses, I really appreciate it. Definitely given me a lot to think about!

Cuccio is a great brand

Latest posts

Back