Opinions on IQ product range

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racfal96

Reaction score
I’m a mobile hair stylist and want to start focusing more on retail sales when I start work again than I have in the past, I want a mid range product that does achieve results that clients will want to buy after I have used it whilst working. Just wondered if IQ is any good. I buy from Capital Hair.

Thanks in advance folks

I’m a mobile hair stylist and want to start focusing more on retail sales when I start work again than I have in the past, I want a mid range product that does achieve results that clients will want to buy after I have used it whilst working. Just wondered if IQ is any good. I buy from Capital Hair.

Thanks in advance folks
I have used a few products from the IQ range. My favourites are most definitely the silver using shampoo and mask. I occasionally use the No yellow shampoo but I do prefer the silverising one.
The deep cleansing shampoo is nice. The tee tree shampoo and conditioner is lovely for people who have itchy scalps or just normal hair. The volume dust/ clever dust isn't too bad. The 10 in 1 leave in conditioner spray smells really good and is reasonably good for the money. I was disappointed with the root boost spray, I didn't feel like it did anything and it had a funny smell.
All the products are sulphate and paraben free.

I have used a few products from the IQ range. My favourites are most definitely the silver using shampoo and mask. I occasionally use the No yellow shampoo but I do prefer the silverising one.
The deep cleansing shampoo is nice. The tee tree shampoo and conditioner is lovely for people who have itchy scalps or just normal hair. The volume dust/ clever dust isn't too bad. The 10 in 1 leave in conditioner spray smells really good and is reasonably good for the money. I was disappointed with the root boost spray, I didn't feel like it did anything and it had a funny smell.
All the products are sulphate and paraben free.
Thankyou for your reply. I’m now considering biting the bullet and going back to Wella. I left because it got so expensive but having reassessed and in the process of rebranding I think it could be worth taking the leap back.
You don’t seem blown away by IQ even though you highlighted some positives. I’ve got to brave I think and go for it. I just need to learn to push the retail, I’m not great with the ‘hard’ sell! That’s my post covid resolution to get braver with retail! Thanks again for input!

Thankyou for your reply. I’m now considering biting the bullet and going back to Wella. I left because it got so expensive but having reassessed and in the process of rebranding I think it could be worth taking the leap back.
You don’t seem blown away by IQ even though you highlighted some positives. I’ve got to brave I think and go for it. I just need to learn to push the retail, I’m not great with the ‘hard’ sell! That’s my post covid resolution to get braver with retail! Thanks again for input!
We also used to be a wella salon, but it just wasn't financially viable for us, we found it harder and harder to sell because if the ever increasing price tag, the colours where the same, when they discontinued koleston perfect and created koleston perfect me +, we couldn't absorb the extra cost as a buisness and we had mixed reviews about charging the clients the difference, so again we had to stray to a different brand. If you're looking for a more reasonably priced product range, checkout A.S.P 's kitoko and mode ranges they're great! And unlike wella they're silicone, paraben, sulphate and mineral oil free. Great prices and vegan friendly.

Thanks Ronray. Now you have mentioned Kitoko, I have seen that, in fact I'm sure I have used a few bits of theirs in the past. I'm a nightmare for using a bit of this and a bit of that. I guess that comes with being freelance. I have googled it all though and yes it looks good, I can't help feeling another reason I am looking for a new brand is to have that brand recognition, I want the clients to recognise the name. I have joined the FHA so I can now get 30% off Wella, which obviously makes a massive difference. I really want to invest some time and money in my professional development too as I have become stagnant with not being in the salon environment and I really like the look of the Wella training program. Over the last few days I have done a lot of research and juggled figures and I'm going to grow a pair and go for it. I am not tied in so if it all goes wrong I just walk away and find another brand. I am hoping the name Wella will also give my business that brand appeal that certain clients look for, again just whilst I am re launching, I want a new professional and recognised brand to help. Thank you so much for your input, like I say its hard not being in a team where you can bounce ideas and thoughts off others. I feel like we have had a little chat in the staff room. Roll on July 4th or when ever we can get back to it.

Thanks Ronray. Now you have mentioned Kitoko, I have seen that, in fact I'm sure I have used a few bits of theirs in the past. I'm a nightmare for using a bit of this and a bit of that. I guess that comes with being freelance. I have googled it all though and yes it looks good, I can't help feeling another reason I am looking for a new brand is to have that brand recognition, I want the clients to recognise the name. I have joined the FHA so I can now get 30% off Wella, which obviously makes a massive difference. I really want to invest some time and money in my professional development too as I have become stagnant with not being in the salon environment and I really like the look of the Wella training program. Over the last few days I have done a lot of research and juggled figures and I'm going to grow a pair and go for it. I am not tied in so if it all goes wrong I just walk away and find another brand. I am hoping the name Wella will also give my business that brand appeal that certain clients look for, again just whilst I am re launching, I want a new professional and recognised brand to help. Thank you so much for your input, like I say its hard not being in a team where you can bounce ideas and thoughts off others. I feel like we have had a little chat in the staff room. Roll on July 4th or when ever we can get back to it.
I'm glad it helped :) anytime you feel you need "a staffroom chat" your welcome to message me :)

Latest posts

Back