Opinions on my website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moushax37

Reaction score
I just finished my website. Its very simple, but if anyone has the time to take a look and give me feedback id appreciate iw

Www.nails-by-michelle.com

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

First thing I found was the font is difficult to read, if I was a client I would have stopped reading after 10 seconds.

Apart from that its simple but I like it.

Jacqui xx

I agree with the above. I couldnt read it as the font is so hard to look at.
x

Were you guys looking from phones or computers

On my phone the font looks ok.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Ditto
On my pc, the font made my eyes hurt and I could just make out the dollar signs.

I think maybe instead of black maybe a grey background with white.

But on I love your pic-i would have put it in the right hand side though as I believe its where people will look first and see that your nails

laptop, lovely website but being honest i closed my eyes within 2 secs as it hurt my eyes, i would change the col of wording or background, i also dont think the font is the easiest to read...

Good luck x

K :) ill def make some changes when I get off work

The font is terrible - web designers should just use one of the 3 basic fonts which is on everyone's machine - arial / verdana/times roman.
The 4 circles at the top which should be links i take it just default to the home page...so either get rid of them or make some more pages...like contact / terms / faq / testimonials
your CSS should be in a stylesheet - not embedded in the page....

i.e. all of this....

<style>a.userlink { color: #c3c6c7; } a.userlink:visited { color: #ffffff; } a.userlink:hover { color: #ffffff; } font { font-size:10px; } font { font-size:13px; } font { font-size:16px; } font { font-size:18px; } font { font-size:24px; } font { font-size:32px; } font { font-size:48px; } .GuestBookMessage { font-family: Times New Roman; color: #ffffff; font-size: 13px; } .GuestBookMessageRow { font-family: Times New Roman; color: #ffffff; font-size: 12px; } .GuestBookHeader { font-family: Times New Roman; color: #ffffff; font-size: 12px; } .div-text-footer-color { color:#000000; } .div-text-footer-container a, .div-text-footer-container a:visited, .div-text-footer-container a:hover { color:#000000; } </style> <!--[if IE]> <style> p { clear:both; } ul { margin-left:1.5em; padding-left:0; } ol { margin-left:2em; padding-left:0; } @media print { img.userContentCellBackground { display: none; } } #spanVPBrandFooterText a { font-family: Times New Roman; color: #ffffff; font-size: 13px; ; text-decoration: none; } img.pngfix { behavior: url(/vp/JS-LIb/image/iepngfix.htc) } </style>

Also might be nice to have pictures next to each thing you do rather than have the prices on the front page - maybe some blurb about how many years you've been doing this etc.
Maybe some explanations of what services are - sugar exfoliation - why would you need that for example...are all the services clear to people...if they don't know what they are they are unlikely to buy them. PS I'm a bloke so some of the stuff maybe obvious to a woman but not to a man. Before and after pictures maybe?

Latest posts

Back