Opinions on UV gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sueelaine

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to know if anyone had any opinions on the Lina UV Gel brand? I'm considering buying these gels, clear, white and pink but am not sure about the quality of them. I'm not sure if anyone has used this make before?
Also I had my nails done with The Edge UV gel which I hear is a good make and is soak off, however it did not soak off at all and I ended up buffing my extensions off last night (yes, I'm qualified before everyone says I should have gone to a salon!).. If anyone has used The Edge gels, how long does it usually take you to do a removal? I've checked and those gels are definitely soak off so I'm a bit confused! :Scared:

Thanks for all your help!

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to know if anyone had any opinions on the Lina UV Gel brand? I'm considering buying these gels, clear, white and pink but am not sure about the quality of them. I'm not sure if anyone has used this make before?
Also I had my nails done with The Edge UV gel which I hear is a good make and is soak off, however it did not soak off at all and I ended up buffing my extensions off last night (yes, I'm qualified before everyone says I should have gone to a salon!).. If anyone has used The Edge gels, how long does it usually take you to do a removal? I've checked and those gels are definitely soak off so I'm a bit confused! :Scared:

Thanks for all your help!

Search google for "uv soak off gel nail supplies" and usually the top 3 results are the best...

Your profile says you do gel nails, which product did you train with/currently use?
I haven't used The Edge or Lina so can't comment, but if you do a search on here for Lina you will find previous posts relating to this brand.

I trained with The Edge, and it is a lovely brand to use, I always felt really confident whilst using it, but they just did not soak off no matter how long I tried!
Thanks for your help! I've seen one of the posts about Lina but I might do a quick search, do you do gels, Tazmari? What brands do you like/use?

I'm a bit confused then. If you trained and use The Edge, how do you not know how to remove them?

I use IBD but am saving hard for a Brisa conversion course

If the Lina you are talking about is the same as those on ebay I would stay clear. This is not a professional brand and you will have nothing but problems.

For fun once I bought a gel kit on ebay with gels from beauties factory I think it was. The gel never really cured, was always sticky and bendy and of course didn't stick to the nails. I could peel them off in one go.

I would never ever use that stuff on paying clients.

i get a kick out of everyone saying stay away from gel products being produced in china. HELLLOOOO people? if everyone is so trained and educated in artificial nails then why didnt you learn about the history of them in school? maybe being canadian our curriculum is different, but i think its funny to tell people not to buy products from china when they are the ones who invented this stuff in the first place. its every other company out there that has taken your basic ingredients from a curable uv gel and made it their own. everyone can fight back and forth over which is the better product but the truth of it is its personal preference. and i prefer to use lina! i discontinued the use of my brisa gel because my clients were asking for that other stuff instead! and a month supply of it cost me $10 as opposed to $200 ... take it as you wish but i believe the truth is in the science and the truth is the chinese know more about this then we ever will. and for the price of it, TRY IT OUT!

i get a kick out of everyone saying stay away from gel products being produced in china. HELLLOOOO people? if everyone is so trained and educated in artificial nails then why didnt you learn about the history of them in school? maybe being canadian our curriculum is different, but i think its funny to tell people not to buy products from china when they are the ones who invented this stuff in the first place. its every other company out there that has taken your basic ingredients from a curable uv gel and made it their own. everyone can fight back and forth over which is the better product but the truth of it is its personal preference. and i prefer to use lina! i discontinued the use of my brisa gel because my clients were asking for that other stuff instead! and a month supply of it cost me $10 as opposed to $200 ... take it as you wish but i believe the truth is in the science and the truth is the chinese know more about this then we ever will. and for the price of it, TRY IT OUT!

Sorry but I have no idea how you can say that... I've used lina when i use to mess around on my own nails and i can tell you now it's awful and the quality of the nails you're producing must be terrible too.
There's no way around it you pay for what you get ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I personally have tried a few different brands of UV gel. I will state that LINA gel is better than a few of the lower end, but well known gels, but it is a COPY!!

I know this because I contacted the company that makes & exports it - I ended up having a real time chat with one of the companies chiefs (Angel Shi) and she very explicitly told me this fact. She refused to tell me which brand it is copied from, but I do believe it is a higher end brand. The woman did offer to send me the MSDA. I refused purely on the basis that it is a copy.

I would Rather buy the genuine article than a copy (Shellac over bluesky etc), can't stand the thought of encouraging these companies with "Black Market" products - Trading on the back of someone elses' hard work. The more people turn to these products the more harm they do to the genuine companies.

The women during the Ming Dynasty (CHINA) did wear artifical nails - made from bone amongst other things but it was actually Fred Slack, a dentist from Philadelphia who invented artificial nails using acrylic toothpaste and nail forms
artificial nails: artificial nails, how they began

you have to be careful where you get it from. a lot of people purchase and re-sell on ebay and you never know if your getting a product that has been sitting on a shelf for three years or not. sina is an actual company and supplier and they have a real website with real catalogues that you can order from, and i love their products. so im guessing you either got a bad batch or didnt know what you were doing at the time. ive never had an issue with them and can go an entire month doing other peoples nails, pedicures, facials, you name it and not have any lifting myself. but like i said in the end its all personal preference, i wouldnt discourage anyone trying it out. i guess my first time buying it was a better experience but i have since then contacted the actual company themselves and started doing business directly with them and they are very easy, accomodating and nice to deal with. not like cnd reps who's first concern over anything is that you "better not be using any other product brands"

see i kind of figured with them being in china that it would be something like that! ...artificial nails were discovered and made popular by them and they have the technology to develop and do all these things. i agree, i much prefer supporting a (for me canadian) company but at the end of the day i actually like the service i get from them. how many other companies would sit and openly tell you their product is a knockoff? i still think its better that they can produce a copycat and sell it for half the price and it still be just as good. and when my clients come back and say i want that chinese stuff not the cnd, then its gotta mean something!

Yes, I believe it does mean something - your clients don't have enough information to make an informative choice. The price is what attracts them, rather than the truth - have you told them the product is a knock off? Why do they only get the choice of the 'Knock off' or CND - why not offer them a branded mid-range product. I am concerned that your insurance company also has not been informed as to the product you are using??

i dont offer a price difference and yes they do have a choice, i use a variety of brands, and no they dont know it is a knockoff as i only just learnt this myself thank you to you. i still dont see what is wrong with that, what is not a knockoff these days? was it not all started with ONE type of uv gel, and everyone started copying each other making their own kinds? and i wonder how many are out there that have basically the same ingredients and we dont know about it. or what about the people who wont admit that their products are knockoffs?

and im not sure where you are from but my insurance is completely up to date and i have never been asked about any brand i use for any service

i get a kick out of everyone saying stay away from gel products being produced in china. HELLLOOOO people? if everyone is so trained and educated in artificial nails then why didnt you learn about the history of them in school?

Not sure if you have the same history book (or if it is a rather abridged one) :)

Regardless... Although an Englishman invented the steam engine... the Italians get credit for the Ferrari ;)

Im really sorry I didnt mean to give off the assumption that I thought chinese invented them, I know they didnt, I just don't think it is fair to put down products coming from there when half of what we use on a daily basis is produced over there, and have been for as long as they have been producing gel everywhere else. they do have a lot more credibility in technology and I just can't see how their gel can be any worse than a lot of the cheap brands found over here, I just happen to have a good experience with sina gel and im sorry to those who havent, its all personal opinion i guess! and also you never know when you could be doing the slighttesttt thing wrong, afterall.. I am one guilty of using and cursing brisa gel until I realized I probably should invest in their lamp lol.

Latest posts

Back