Opinions please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarMama

Reaction score
The spa owner wants to add bios to her website and asked us all to submit our own. This is what I came up with but I'm afraid I make myself sound too good! I've only been in the business for barely a year, I'm still learning, and I'm slow as molasses. However, I can't exactly say all that either ;)
I took the CND master painter course, but I'm afraid to mention that because of the word "master" which implies that I'm better than I am lol.

Here it is:

Jen specializes in Shellac and contemporary nail art including CND Additives, glitters and foils. She is passionate about the nail industry and frequently attends continuing education classes and new product demos. Proper sanitation and nail health are her top priorities. Jen is a self professed "nail geek" and is happy to explain the chemistry behind the latest innovations in gel polishes. As a nail stylist, Jen loves to show clients that their nails can be a classy and modern accessory by introducing them to the latest trends. Whether you're in the mood for a natural look or wanting to make a statement, Jen will make you feel well cared for.

I don't think you need to change a thing!

I disagree. Your CND Master's classes are important and very worth being mentioned. You're not being arrogant.

Do you realize how many nail professionals never bother to take these classes? Never be afraid to accept the badges of honor you've earned and/or worked for.

If you're a Shellac "certified" nail professional, I'd mention that, too. Lord knows there are plenty of nail techs out there that aren't. ;)

As you build your credentials, update your bio and always list those Master's classes, girl!

I don't think it sounds 'too good'. (As long as you are not lying about the things you claim to be passionate about!)

I agree with gr8nailz that you should include the info on your training.

Sounds good but I totally agree with gr8nailz you have to put you master painter in there somewhere. It is important and it sets you above your competition!! Xx

Latest posts

Back