Opinions please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xoxo

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379164425.167625.jpg

Opinions on what colour you think this is. Preferably wella

Thanks x

Little bit 7/73 looking haven't got my swatch to hand x

That's what I had in mind! Needed a second opinion 😊 x

That's what I had in mind! Needed a second opinion 😊 x

Yes my sister used to have it very similar Lovely colour x

A 7 beige all over (don't know the tonal number in wella)
Some 9 gold highlights

So going from blonde am I right to go a shade darker to allow for fading?x

Ooh I love this! Could you pop pic of finished result if your client doesn't mind? :) x

Will do! Will be next week at some point 😊 x

So going from blonde am I right to go a shade darker to allow for fading?x

I wouldn't go a shade darker It might even go a tad darker if your blonde porous. I'd stick with the exact colour i think you will be fine and don't forget to add your Pre pig in with your mix x

I wouldn't go a shade darker It might even go a tad darker if your blonde porous. I'd stick with the exact colour i think you will be fine and don't forget to add your Pre pig in with your mix x

See I'm such a wimp I always prepig before!! Panic it affects the colour might brave up and try this lol x

See I'm such a wimp I always prepig before!! Panic it affects the colour might brave up and try this lol x

Yes give it a go so much easier x

What do you mean add the pre pug in!?!? I'm doing level 3, my own hairdresser told me you can just add in a tone to pre pig but when I asked my tutor she told me not to, because it didn't work in the same way...

What do you mean add the pre pug in!?!? I'm doing level 3, my own hairdresser told me you can just add in a tone to pre pig but when I asked my tutor she told me not to, because it didn't work in the same way...
I have done level 3 iv always been taught to Pre pig!
I wouldnt dream of not!
It will fade pretty quick also if not!
Just add the correct amount of mix tone in with your tint it will be fine,
dont get me wrong there are times when I use perfecton to pre pig
depends wot type of work I'm doing
but a all over tint using koleston it's easier to put your Pre pig in with it or you will need to wash the hair add the Pre pig sometimes wash off or dry in depends what your using then go in with your tint!
Just more work than there needs to be x

I have done level 3 iv always been taught to Pre pig!
I wouldnt dream of not!
It will fade pretty quick also if not!
Just add the correct amount of mix tone in with your tint it will be fine,
dont get me wrong there are times when I use perfecton to pre pig
depends wot type of work I'm doing
but a all over tint using koleston it's easier to put your Pre pig in with it or you will need to wash the hair add the Pre pig sometimes wash off or dry in depends what your using then go in with your tint!
Just more work than there needs to be x

Beckstar, I was bleach blonde and my colour (734) fades so quickly.. What would you use as a pre pig? I'm trying to find a permanent colour as the mo as just used semis and they obviously fade, but the pre pig would be amazing!
I was just never sure what was best?
I also need to dye my extensions from blonde 27 to match my hair so any pre pig advice would be so handy!

:)

What colour house do you use Hun?
And if your bleach blonde I'd stick with the semi it just faded fast because you didn't Pre pig
What is your natural base?

Beckstar, I was bleach blonde and my colour (734) fades so quickly.. What would you use as a pre pig? I'm trying to find a permanent colour as the mo as just used semis and they obviously fade, but the pre pig would be amazing!
I was just never sure what was best?
I also need to dye my extensions from blonde 27 to match my hair so any pre pig advice would be so handy!

:)

I have a client that I use wella koleston 7/34 I Pre pig with 0/43 x

What colour house do you use Hun?
And if your bleach blonde I'd stick with the semi it just faded fast because you didn't Pre pig
What is your natural base?

Hi beckstar! You're knowledge is amazing.
My base is a 7.
I didn't pre-pig you're right as I wasn't too sure.. I actually went from blonde to honey in a salon (redken) and they obviously didnt have a clue what they were doing.. Ended up being a base 9 and was so light and looked washed out! So I actually put The semi on myself which turned out better! When it faded I would use manic panic red over mixed with conditioner to help prolong the colour. However I'm after a more permanent solution now. I generally use wella and sometimes loreal. I read - it may have been your post- that dialight by loreal is quite good.
Again its a semi but I'm trying to keep my hair in good condition and the semis have deffo helped that.
I think once I get my pre pig it'll all work out.
I put a 7/73 on mymidlengths and not remembering 7 is ash.. Duh! So I'd like to warm it up slightly now.
and I need to get my extensions to match somehow.. I need to dye them a base 6 I think, but a Pre pig would be amazing for them. On the strand test i did 7/73 came out quite pale so I was thinking of putting a 6/34 on top? But if I pre pig I wouldn't have to do two processes..
What's the ratio you would use?
And could always 'freshen up' or add some golden with dialight?
Sorry totally rambled here!
X

7 is brunette and isn't ash it's made up of warm tones with elements of cool
I'd say 7/73 is a lovely warm colour
Do a test strand of koleston perfect 7/73 with 4cms of 0/43
I would normally say 0/33 but sounds like you need the extra warmth or just try both see how they come out you can really play around with the special mixes that's the fun of them
It's hard to advise with colour correction when i cant see your hair
can you not put a pic up? X

7 is brunette and isn't ash it's made up of warm tones with elements of cool
I'd say 7/73 is a lovely warm colour
Do a test strand of koleston perfect 7/73 with 4cms of 0/43
I would normally say 0/33 but sounds like you need the extra warmth or just try both see how they come out you can really play around with the special mixes that's the fun of them
It's hard to advise with colour correction when i cant see your hair
can you not put a pic up? X

The 7/73 came out slightly ashy on my hair, over the blonde.
I could deffo do with some more warmth in it.
The 7/73 came out quite pale on my extensions.. As expected.
So I figured i need to dye them with a base 6. But I need to match them up to my hair :/ that's the bit I'm a bit worried about now.
Would it be okay to put 7/73 + 0/43 on top of the 7/73 I have now on my hair? To make more golden.

Then on my extensions I'd need to use 6/73 + 0/43?

And would the 4cm of 0/43 be mixed in with how much base?

I can send pics yep..just tried at work but the light doesn't seem very true..i'lltry again.
It looks different depending what the light is like! Thanks for all your help!

Hi beckstar,
Here is the best pic I could take, trying to show there's a band of warmth at the top - where I've dyed my previous colour onto My roots. (Ideal colour)
Then the mid lengths are 7/73 which I didn't leave on too long on the ends as I suspected they'd grab and go a bit green xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379447473.683821.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379447473.683821.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,680

Latest posts

Back