Opinions Required!! Solar Manicure vs CreativeSpa Manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heidi14

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I already use Raw Earth for my luxury pedicure but would really like to introduce a luxury manicure to my range.

I don't know whether to go for the Solar Manicure or CreativeSpa Manicure???

All opinions please!!!

I use both but prefer the Spa mani (so do my clients).

The smells are just lovely, citrussy but subtle, the exfoliating crystals are gorgeous and I just love the way the activator dissolves them. The finishing lotion is fabulous too.

The Solar mani is nice and for those that love the almond smell it is great. The exfoliating crystal don't dissolve and have to be removed with hot towels but then you have the choice of solar silk or solar butter to finish.

And don't even get me started on the Spa pedi....best thing since sliced bread:)

I carry both the Solar and Spa manicure ranges as I find them both as popular as each other and if i'm honest it gives me a bit of diversity too.

I also carry the two pedi ranges but the Raw earth is by far my fave as I love those earthy smells and textures.

If you were looking to just have one of the ranges as a luxury one I would probably suggest the Spa one, as although the solar one is great, some people don't like the smell of almond and so there wouldn't be an option for them. The spa one is just very citrus smelling and not many people have a problem with those scents so it would probably be fine to use on nearly everyone.

Also on a money note, the spa range exfolitaing crystals and activator can be bought in large sizes and the savings are huge, whereas for some reason the solar manicure crystals are in a much smaller container therefore you tend to go through lots of smaller containers (I wish they would release a huge sized one).

Why not offer both? I have both on my menu, and as they are such different services I wouldnt want to be without either of them.

The Solar mani is my standard mani treatment which is ace for dry or rough skin. It doesnt take as long as the spa, but its a very nice intensive moisturising and conditioning treatment. You can really market this one toward the ladies that love the idea of natural ingredients, since thats what the Solar range pretty much is!

The Spa is my deluxe mani. Its a nice citrusy summery scent, ideal for ladies going on their hols. Its more involved than the Solar, with a heat treatment and a citrus crystal exfoliation followed by an AHA treatment to really break down the outer dead skin layers, I describe this treatment as a rejuvinating treatment, you really can see the difference straight away after one treatment. I recommend this treatment for those that want their hands made to look as good as new and completely made-over.

I would seriously consider offering both, I get equal amounts of requests for both, and its nice to offer as wide a range of treatments to your natural nail clients as you do for your enhancement clients.

Chelle has really said it all ... the 2 treatments are quite different.

The name explains it all to you. SpaManicure is a high end treatment such as you would find in a luxurious Destination Spa or Day spa. Effective luxurious products that have a visible affect on the skin and nails. LIke a facial for the lower arms and hands.

Solar Manicure is a wonderful salon treatment which is also effective and with the wonderful solar products that we know and that clients love. Not so long a treatment or with as much massage as you would expect in a Salon vs a Spa treatment.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, think i'm going to go with the Creative Spa range for now and then maybe add the Solar one in the future.

Latest posts

Back