OPI's silver crackle - it doesn't work! Is it me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Just bought OPI's silver crackle and couldn't wait to have a go ...

so disappointed though, it just looks like a silver coating with faint scratches in it, you can't really see the colour beneath.

I've done it on my other hand applying it much lighter but it's not very much better.

Anybody else find this? It's probably just the way I'm doing it - any tips?

Hi if you put it on in 3 strokes not to thin and if u put it under a nice pink or black looks really lovely

I had the same problem with the black:(

This is the black one it's very easy to do x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337376456.130174.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337376456.130174.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 300
Couldn't get the bright blue to work either

no its not you. in my opinion the silver crackle does not shatter like others do but gets more of a hairline fractured crack effect . sorry if that makes no sence. i think that the silver works best if you want a silver polish with a hit of something else as the underneath colour will be more subtle. however i know you said you tried it thinnly, well now try thicker and give it longer to crack. but i do agree with you. i use only opi polishes but if im totally honest i use barry m's crackle range and this product gives large spaces between the cracks really emphasising the colour below. i tried china glazes crackle and that barely cracked at all. i suppose it depends if you want a shattered effect or a gentle cracked look. also try applying the crackle in three strokes but not up and down. do one diagonally across then down the tip and bottom not being neat about joining up the strokes, i get the best effect with this product that way. other than that make sure your polish is super dry, it will work better.

had the same issues with the opi shatter...it felt like it was too thick or something. Changed to China Glaze Crackle and haven't had an issue yet except with the white...it needs to be applied a bit thicker so that you can't see the colour underneath where it's meant to look white.

I have never had great results from OPI Shatter either... Often wondered if my application was too slow after colour polish, too fast, too thick etc....

Think I will look into the Barry M version....:biggrin:

I've had better results from Barry M and I use OPI polishes, I'm very disappointed with OPI crackle polishes. :) x

Has anybody tried Barry m croc effect crackle as it's just not croc effecting very much like 'hairline' cracks they are little squares rather than the original crackle effects,

This is the black one it's very easy to do x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337617463.353755.jpg
Love OPI but i was quite disappointed with my gold OPI shatter it doesn't look like this pic either iv tried it thick and thin, I also use china glaze but haven't used the crackle think I'll try that instead

Thought it was just me !
Think the silver is awful, black is ok but has gone very thick, very quickly...
Love OPI polishes but wouldn't buy the shatters again x

Same here lol my sister said she's had china glaze crackle before and it's really good

Same here lol my sister said she's had china glaze crackle before and it's really good

it's really good....always cracks the way it's supposed too. Only thing I've found is the white is a little thin and can see the colour through it...but if you apply is a bit thicker it's fine :)

Thanks for your posts. So it wasn't just me doing it wrong lol

I can't imagine why they launched the crackles, really let the OPI name down if they are not even as good as, say, Barry M which anybody can buy in Superdrug. I could have done that as I know theirs are good, my daughters use them, but my loyalty to OPI and wanting a professional brand of Crackle has this time let me down. :sad:

Still loving their colours though!

I bought the silver, blue and turquoise and wasn't impressed with any of them to be honest. I love Opi but the shatters were a disappointment.

Has anybody tried Barry m croc effect crackle as it's just not croc effecting very much like 'hairline' cracks they are little squares rather than the original crackle effects,

It is quite good but personally I wouldn't call it croc effect as it looked nothing like it lol x

It is quite good but personally I wouldn't call it croc effect as it looked nothing like it lol x

No it doesn't really does it haha! but it's slightly different from the normal Barry m crackles, I got it to work yesterday so I was obviously doing it wrong, mustve been the heat!! Thanks :)

I used the OPI silver shatter on my toes, over a dark purple and it looks FANTASTIC!

You have to apply it really really thin and you have to be super fast at it. 2-3 strokes at most!

It worked fine for me, so maybe you got an old bottle?

I used the OPI silver shatter on my toes, over a dark purple and it looks FANTASTIC!

You have to apply it really really thin and you have to be super fast at it. 2-3 strokes at most!

It worked fine for me, so maybe you got an old bottle?

I don't know. I bought it at Sally's locally but who knows how long it had been sitting there? :rolleyes:

I shall try your method and see! Thanks
xx

Latest posts

Back