Orange/brassy brown to ash brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gelato_99

Reaction score
My mother has bleached her hair from a 2 to a brassy 7/8 and then dyed it brown with wkp 6/71. It’s come out brassy as she used a 20 vol developer. She then went on to ‘embrace’ the brass by dying it all 6/7 when she bleached her roots a month later. Brassier now, and with red tints to add... Rather than waiting for me, she added a box Semi-perm ash blonde that seems to have killed 90% of the brass but there still remains a vague orange hue under some light. She said she wanted the colour in the examples below, and rather than waiting for me... she, well, did what she did...

So, now I’m trying to form a game plan but I’m mostly in cutting not colouring so not 100% certain on what to do. I was thinking of stripping the colour back, hopefully revealing an orangey 6/7, and then going through with illumina 5/81?

edit: spelling
8A77895A-AFD4-49EC-9426-8028E84B4091.jpegAF1C5246-2F6D-4867-B92D-8DFDEE2FD350.jpeg

Last edited:
Sounds like you've got alot of work on your hands. If that was my mum I would tell her I'm not doing it with the amount of faffing she's done with it.

If she is currently a base warm base 6 there's not much point stripping the colour further because this will just expose warmer undercoat in the hair.

If she has light patches from bleaching the roots etc then 5/81 may go a bit khaki on those bits.

If you really wanted to strip it use wella colour renew which is a zero damage colour reducer.

Your main goal should be to the canvas as even as you can before colouring over because if its uneven before the colour it will be uneven after the colour.

It's difficult to discuss and formulas because it will all vary depending what the hair lis like at the minute.

Latest posts

Back