Orange roots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lara81

Reaction score
Hi I’m a bit confused as to why my clients hair didn’t lift high enough. She is a depth of a level 6 virgin hair and good porosity. Applied to roots and I used blond me with 6%. iv used this many of times before and had no problems! It was left on the full developing time used with foil! Why could this be?

Hi I’m a bit confused as to why my clients hair didn’t lift high enough. She is a depth of a level 6 virgin hair and good porosity. Applied to roots and I used blond me with 6%. iv used this many of times before and had no problems! It was left on the full developing time used with foil! Why could this be?
Could be hormonal, could be product build up? But unlikely as it's new hair. How long has your 6% been open? Has it been stored at the correct temperature?

Actually You could be right about the storage, it was left over night by my radiator the other day! So do you think that’s why?

Actually You could be right about the storage, it was left over night by my radiator the other day! So do you think that’s why?
It has to be kept between a certain range of temperatures (I can't remember what) because it effects the enzymes and the efficiency of the peroxide. I would maybe buy a new bottle and reapply see what happens. Is this the first time you've done this client?

it was the 9% that I left out not the 6% so that can’t be the reason I only brought that one two weeks ago

No it’s not the first time, Iv done her a few times now but not since last year as she had a balayage and I did have that problem last time so had to lift again it’s really strange

No it’s not the first time, Iv done her a few times now but not since last year as she had a balayage and I did have that problem last time so had to lift again it’s really strange
Is she definitely a level 6? What is she using at home on her hair? Also if any what medication is she taking?

definitely a level 6 she uses the elvive purple shampoo. She isn’t on medication so I’m completely baffled I don’t get it. ‍♀️

definitely a level 6 she uses the elvive purple shampoo. She isn’t on medication so I’m completely baffled I don’t get it. ‍♀️
Have you tried an incompatibility test? The L'Oréal elvive toning shampoo is fairly new to the market, what was she using before this?

no I havnt done an incompatibility test maybe I should. She was using the touch of silver shampoo and a keratin conditioner. She still uses that conditioner. I just can’t think of a reason why it won’t lift enough first round

no I havnt done an incompatibility test maybe I should. She was using the touch of silver shampoo and a keratin conditioner. She still uses that conditioner. I just can’t think of a reason why it won’t lift enough first round
How much of a root did she have? Did you get a picture?

How much product are you applying to the roots? Are you making sure it is fully saturated so the bleach doesn't dry out?

I’d say it’s got alot to do with the shampoo...one of my clients uses it and I have to detox it out before I apply bleach otherwise I have the same issue x

oh really ok thanks for that. I will use a detox shampoo first before I lift it up again x

that could be a reason as well not putting enough product on. I’m going to lift it again later so I will make sure I saturate the roots even more sometimes I worry incase I get any bleeding. Thanks

Latest posts

Back