Orchid Art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Here are some orchids that I've done recently.
I haven't done the bride yet, as previously mentioned. She's decided she'd rather go with a "French" BUT a fussy french (pearls and glitter and such) for a more 'classic' look:cry: Oh well, at least I learned something new :green:

What do you all think?

SherriBlkFrenchWhtBlueorchid.jpg

MelBOrchidsburgundy8fgrs.jpg

let me know what you think
:green:

that orchid is beautiful Victoria, and I quite like the blue and silver on the black tip, it's not a combination I would have thought of, but it's very complementary :D

I think they they look lovely Victoria. You must be very pleased with them xx

OMG Victoria - that is fantastic!

I would never have thought doing orchids over black french would look so good!

what will you come up with next!

I have to agree, it's very striking. I can really see such an improvement in your work lately Victoria :hug:

I think these are beautiful,did you do them free hand?Well done you:hug: Gosh wish we lived closer so you could show me how you did such lovely work.xx

Very pretty Victoria!

Wow Victoria, they are really lovely. The orchid is beautiful and I love the black tips with the pale blue and silver, its really gorgeous.

Well done hun!:green:

very very nice!!!xxxx:hug:

I agree, it's not a colour combination that springs immediately to mind, but it really works..... gorgeous!

Gorgeous xx:hug:

Thanks EVERYONE very very much:!: :!:

(dont know what happened to other pic, was pink on burgundy, oh well, blk and blue is prettier, LOL)

I like this set alot too. My flowers get better every time.... STILL need tinier brushes though HAHA

This particular client only gets filled every 4-6wks depending on time of year. Her nails grow ULTRA low and at 6wks looks like 2-3wks. Odd. She's an NNO.
anyway, she always wears black and blue,and usually prefers a black or blue french. And she always wants fliks LOL
I planned ahead as I really wanted to practice my orchids and get pics on nails.
And voila, there ya go. Blue, white & silver orchid on black french :wink2:
(btw, that's black polish under gel).
All the colours she prefers. I had to custom mix my blue to get the shade that I wanted that would pop on the black. The art is all done in water based acrylic paint.

2 days later, she broke her first nail in months.
Guess which one?
YUP the orchid:rolleyes: :lol:

of course I did it again for her:lol:

Sassy HassyI have to agree, it's very striking. I can really see such an improvement in your work lately Victoria :hug:

THANKS!!
I've been busting my butt for a more natural look, trying to keep enhancements thinner (I'm as heavy with my brush as I am with my foot on the gas pedal:lol: ) trying to make them more perfect.. etc..
Working hard at it.:green:

Thanks again everyone:!: :!:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

PS: Babs.. the tut for the flower is on Christie's site. I just practiced and played with it. With each one I do, they get better. I dont do them exactly as she does, but pretty close.

PS: the fingers in the pic are ultra oily not from the cuticle oil BUT from the spray to speed up drying of the clear polish I put over the paint:lol:

I agree with everyone else...Nail art is not my forte Victoria...but I can appreciate the skill that goes into it....and it really takes skill to do that orchid...
You have the artistic skill and a great eye for colour....the blue combined with the black is really effective....
Any chance you can get the burgundy & pink combo posted???..that sounds cool too...OH and we must see the brides bling French when you do it!!!

Very nice Victoria, loving the colours & the orchid is really well painted.

Great stuff!:hug:

lovely art Victoria! the colours are striking- i like it xx

Thanks again VERY MUCH everyone.

Me thinks my head's gonna pop from all this flattery:lol: :lol:

Here's the burgundy one, but the black is still the best I think

MelBOrchidsburgundy8fgrs.jpg

This is also an NNO, but this young client has very very sharp c-curve naturally. Sometimes when I'm filing/rebalancing, I worry that I'll file too much on the surface because they're so curved, if that makes sense? I have to keep looking down the barrel to see where I am when I file hers, with them being so curved compared to all my other clients who tend to have flattish nails.

Why do you have to be on the other side of the world from me?
These are realy lovely:hug:

Latest posts

Back