Ordering from Australia/US

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini4mum

Reaction score
I have had quite a few PMs regarding Neons I split with fellow techs. These neons are from Australia & are the best I have personally found. The EBay seller is 4sanctuarysupplies & she is lovely!
The packets are 20g each so plenty for a group to work with - unless of course all your clients love neon!!
My point is, PLEASE geeks be aware that when ordering anything currently from outside the UK you will pay Customs & Exise Duty. I got stung both from the neon order & an order I placed with a US company for stamping plates. So please make sure you factor this in to your budget when ordering.
The postal companies are extremely hot on this!! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384349525.111909.jpg

No kidding. It's this time of year when I start receiving Christmas presents from well intentioned relatives and I have to fork out a small fortune. We've decided no gift giving this year from abroad. The only one benefiting is Customs & Excise. They're especially evil around Christmas time so watch out!

I have had quite a few PMs regarding Neons I split with fellow techs. These neons are from Australia & are the best I have personally found. The EBay seller is 4sanctuarysupplies & she is lovely!
The packets are 20g each so plenty for a group to work with - unless of course all your clients love neon!!
My point is, PLEASE geeks be aware that when ordering anything currently from outside the UK you will pay Customs & Exise Duty. I got stung both from the neon order & an order I placed with a US company for stamping plates. So please make sure you factor this in to your budget when ordering.
The postal companies are extremely hot on this!!View attachment 47785

You didn't get stung!! Customs & Excise is a legal charge for imports .... It's illegal NOT to pay it?

People have been cheating left right and centre and I'm pleased as punch to see they are cracking down and stopping people from tax evasion. Bout bloody time. Why should anyone doing something illegal be allowed to buy at a lesser price than the licensed suppliers that are paying all the legal import fees as they should be?

It's a bit harsh when its a Christmas present though. Very painful on my wallet. The sender should pay. I should not have to pay to receive a gift. There's a tick box where you tick whether its a gift or purchase. Makes no difference, they treat it the same. It cost me over £50 quid one year and believe me, the junk inside didn't amount to anywhere near that amount!

I'm not trying to evade tax by receiving some crap I didn't ask for!

It's a bit harsh when its a Christmas present though. Very painful on my wallet. The sender should pay. I should not have to pay to receive a gift. There's a tick box where you tick whether its a gift or purchase. Makes no difference, they treat it the same. It cost me over £50 quid one year and believe me, the junk inside didn't amount to anywhere near that amount!

I'm not trying to evade tax by receiving some crap I didn't ask for!

I think you know that I was not talking about Xmas presents. I know all about C&E. ... I'm an American remember? When I got married to a British man, ALL my wedding presents were brought over from the States, furniture, family things ... I had to pay duty on the LOT!! Thousands not just 50.00. On my wedding gifts !! I was not happy but it was the law 40 years ago and it still is. You got to pay the MAN.

People are routinely cheating the government every day and in every way. Lady here in Spain rang me the other day and told me she had been ordering CND goods from outside Spain! They seized her goods as they were incorrectly not labeled as flammable and she kissed good bye to 900.00 worth of goods. I was very happy about that. Would have cost her allot less to have used her local legal distributor.

I am well aware of C&E. I was trying to make others aware that not always what you pay IS the final costs. That was all. I haven't got an issue with ordering from abroad - as long as there is no current distributor here, which for both these items there weren't.
That was all.

I am well aware of C&E. I was trying to make others aware that not always what you pay IS the final costs. That was all. I haven't got an issue with ordering from abroad - as long as there is no current distributor here, which for both these items there weren't.
That was all.

It was probably your using the word STUNG that got me on a soap box :biggrin:

I would like to point out that no one is getting stung ... Paying C&E is a legal requirement and not a case of having good or bad luck on the day.

I order many things from abroad, particularly from the US ... And I always expect to pay more for it. It is the illegal importers that lead people to believe that they don't have to pay these charges.

Funny thing is, that when caught .. Nothing happens to the person who shipped the goods illegally ... It's YOU who have to pay up and pay the fines. It's good to make people aware of that fact and thank you because your post has allowed me to do that.

I put this on here to make geeks aware that buying from abroad - illegal sites etc, what they are purchasing is fools gold!
I am an honest person who would never purchase anything I couldn't get locally from authorised distributors. That's just not the way I work. I like to build relationships with my distributors & trainers.

Latest posts

Back