Organ donation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really but thank you!
To be brutally honest I was just flushing them down the loo each month, and as I was implementing a computer system in the obstetric department at Portsmouth hospital I knew that they (and every other hospital) were struggling to find donors.
:)

It's a horrible thing to even contemplate, especially where children are concerned but it should be opt out - so many additional lives could be saved.

Never seen either programmes, I have registered and told hubby they can have everything other than my eyes,

Had a massive blood transfusion at 24 which saved my life, now I can't give blood,

How many of us give blood regularly?

Yep, every time they let me.
Sometimes my Hb is a bit low, despite woofing broccoli on an almost daily basis!

Not really but thank you!
To be brutally honest I was just flushing them down the loo each month, and as I was implementing a computer system in the obstetric department at Portsmouth hospital I knew that they (and every other hospital) were struggling to find donors.
:)
Generous and very modest too :) x

Never seen either programmes, I have registered and told hubby they can have everything other than my eyes,

Had a massive blood transfusion at 24 which saved my life, now I can't give blood,

How many of us give blood regularly?

I always get turned away from giving bloody for one reason or another. I WILL be successful One day lol xxx

Sadly as I'm a gay male I can't donate blood or organs! X

I must add my mother in law passed away on the 1st and they have taken her eyes, they had catarax but they were removed and the family will be notified when they have used the eyes in a donor :0) x

Sadly as I'm a gay male I can't donate blood or organs! X

Really blue? Thats awful, as long as the organs are healthy enough them why not?!
Im an organ doner but like many geeks not my eyes. My best friend who died in december was an organ doner but they didnt get her to hospital in time to donate after she died. It was a car crash so to be honest we dont know what internal damage there was but i personally would have found comfort in her saving a life

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I'm on the register, but like most not my eyes ... Again it's something my mum has always joking about so keep me out, also they say the eyes are the keys to your soul... Ooooh just spooks me!

I read a thing on Facebook a while ago about a lady who's baby had died, she made the difficult decision to donate and it turns out her baby saved 2 other babies lives, I think that is amazing. She said she fells her daughter lives on now.

I don't give blood but I really should, I hate needles though do freaks me out :( I will have to get used to it though as we will be doing ivf soon, I also would like to donate my eggs if they turn out to be any use. X

I never got round to donating blood either then I was quick enough to except the hospitals supply of my type plus more brought in,

We don't realise how important these things are til we are in the situation.

Wonder if you can be a bone marrow donor if had a transfusion

I'm an organ doner and did it through my driving licence and like many others said they can have everything except for my eyes. Just makes me feel weird if they would go to someone else. Every time I've had an opportunity to donate blood I've been turned away as I've recently had a tattoo. I'd like to donate my eggs one day but not until I've had all the children that I want (couldn't bear the thought of donating my eggs then not being able to conceive it would kill me!) also, I'd donate one of my kidneys if a loved one needed it- read an article the other day and It make me think about it x

I'm on the register as my mum had a liver and kidney transplant, that made me realise the importance of it because without donors she would never have had hers.

I am also on the donors register and have discussed this over the years with loved ones. I would encourage everyone to consider it.

However, I am 100% against presumed consent.

Presumed consent for organ donation is a hugely complex matter that has been widely researched. The ethical and legal issues surrounding it are massive.

What happens with everyone who is unable to decline consent due to physical or mental health disability? Are they exempt? Do we just take organs and ask later? Would there Next of Kin or Power of Attorney have a say?

Also those who receive an organ through transplant are thankful, they understand that someone chose to save a life "their life". This is a key psychological principle post transplant. Which would no longer exist.

Also, massive uses also surround potential fraudulent activity. Ie organ selling.

As a nation we need to get of our backsides and take active decisions on the gift of life.

Education and further reminders of opportunity will make a difference and cost millions less than the tangle presumed consent will.

A final note - please opt in.

We lost a relative 4 weeks ago (criminal assault). I found out today that he donated his heart. God Bless You

Pauline x

They can have all my organs, except my eyes lol. I can't donate bone marrow as I have pernicious anaemia, they wonder why they don't have enough organs to go around but they are that picky! lol x

They can have all my organs, except my eyes lol. I can't donate bone marrow as I have pernicious anaemia, they wonder why they don't have enough organs to go around but they are that picky! lol x

My nana and geat gran both had pernicious anaemia ,if you don't mind me asking what are the symptoms how did you find out :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Just really being tired all the time, being really forgetful all the time, I also constantly had cold sores x

Not organs per se, but year ago I donated my eggs. A couple who couldn't make babies on their own went on to use them and they have a son who'll be 13 in August.
Some of you will know that I was a theatre nurse so I'm biased. I think it should be an automatic opt in unless you opt out.
That said, seeing my beloved humsbums distraught when I told him that I wanted to donate everything when the time came troubles me enormously. I'm not sure I could put him through it.

That really is kind, I was on egg donor list for six years as the point come when I was at top of the list I split with my partner.

I've been on donor list for years, they can have the lot as no good to me when I'm gone.
Would you take one if needed? If yes then nice to give back xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I am an organ donor, I give blood & am on the bone marrow donor list.
My daughter had two kidney transplants, one when she was 18 months old, which lasted untill she was 7, she went back on dialysis until her second transplant when she was 10. This one lasted until she was 13. She died in 2009 aged 21.

I cannot thank the donor families enough, as both times she had a kidney from a child.
The transplants gave Nicola a much better quality of life ( not normal as she had recurrent disease in both transplants) but a lot better. The transplants enabled us to do things & go to places that would have been impossible while on dialysis. Because of those two families Nicola lived longer & did more than she would ever have been able to without the donor organs.
I would urge everyone to add themselves to the donor list.

The question you need to ask yourself is

'' If it was me or one of my loved ones who needed an organ would we take it?''

If the answer is yes.....you should be on the donor list.

Latest posts

Back