Organ donation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkeedee

Reaction score
After watching This Mornings appeal for Organ Doners it spurred me into action. Having seen on the programme the difference donated organs have made to peoples lives I felt the need to help so I tried to register via the internet but no luck, all the registration sites are down. So I thought don't give up at the first hurdle and decided to ring the NHS Donation line but was on hold for ten minutes and still no answer!!
Has anyone else managed to register?? Can't help but think this will put people off and sick people won't get the help they need :sad:

When I signed up for my driving licence and boots advantage card it ask me then and I clicked yes.

Even if your on the organ donation list it's still up to your next of kin to decide :( the best thing to do is make sure your family understand you want your organs donated xx

Even if your on the organ donation list it's still up to your next of kin to decide :( the best thing to do is make sure your family understand you want your organs donated xx
This definitely. I ticked yes to organ donation on my driver's license but it doesn't state it on there, so I'll have to get a card.

I think my mum would say no if I died and they asked her, so every now and then I have to reminder her it's a yes from me!

This definitely. I ticked yes to organ donation on my driver's license but it doesn't state it on there, so I'll have to get a card.

I think my mum would say no if I died and they asked her, so every now and then I have to reminder her it's a yes from me!
It must take an enormous amount of courage and strength to donate your childs organs, I can fully understand how she feels on this subject. Hope to God none of us ever have to make that descision x

Have been trying site, too. Hopefully it means they have been inundated.

Hopefully you will all be able to register soon :) I registered a long time ago online, you don't get a card. I have registered a couple of times just to double check lol.

I don't understand one single bit why someone would not want to donate their organs after they die BUT are happy to receive from a doner. I think EVERYONE should automatically be a doner and you should opt out if you're that against it!
The main reason people don't opt in is just down to laziness, not because they don't agree with it! This would change things dramatically. X

I haven't signed anything but I've told mum if I die to donate anything they want, I have a health condition too and I have done some interviews for medical research and they are taking a blood sample from me next week for a genetic study. I also don't mind donating my whole body for medical research. I think it's a very personal choice though and can quite understand people not wanting anything changed or taken for what ever reason. but my view is when we die the body is a shell so I would like to think that someone could benefit from it after I no longer need it! X

It must take an enormous amount of courage and strength to donate your childs organs, I can fully understand how she feels on this subject. Hope to God none of us ever have to make that descision x
Yes definitely, I can't even imagine how it would feel being asked to make that decision.

She has said to me before she would say no if they asked about any loved one and she's mentioned she doesn't like the thought of being a donor. So yeah, I should probably discuss this with both parents, in case the worst ever happens and this decision falls to me. I would want to say yes but obviously never would if it's against her wishes.

I think for a lot of people and parents the reason they don't like the thought of being a donor is because they look at it as in your not whole when your buried or cremated there are bits missing if you know what I mean you have Bern altered some what which I can understand.

When my son died after being born extremely prem they asked if I wanted a post mortum and I said no because I couldn't bare the thought of him being messed with.

I'm am completely happy with being a donor 100% they can take what they like to help someone else the only thing they won't want is me feet (there webbed lol).xxx

A few years ago I included an Organ Donor card with every Christmas card I sent out, family, friends etc. I got so many people calling me thanking because they had 'never got round to it'.

I've had a donor card for years and say that they can have everything except for my eyes. I'm really squeamish about eyes.
My dad used to joke that he could imagine when I died there would be a coffin with just a pair of eyes in it-lol

I've had a donor card for years and say that they can have everything except for my eyes. I'm really squeamish about eyes.
My dad used to joke that he could imagine when I died there would be a coffin with just a pair of eyes in it-lol

My mum has written on her card with market "not my eyes!!!"
I'd let them take anything but my eyes heart and brain. My brain would be pretty useless, there's only hairdressing in it, my eyes won't be wanted as there is glaucoma in the family and my heart is mine thank you very much.
Xoxo

A few years ago I included an Organ Donor card with every Christmas card I sent out, family, friends etc. I got so many people calling me thanking because they had 'never got round to it'.

That's a great idea

Im think it should be an opt out ,they can have anything from me cus when im gone I would need any of it ,

But I'll just through this into the mix if you are age 16-30 you can save a live while you are still alive and become a bone marrow donors ,register on the Anthony Nolan site ,to register its a spit test thay will send you and you send it back ,go on you know you want too :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

But I'll just through this into the mix if you are age 16-30 you can save a live while you are still alive and become a bone marrow donors ,register on the Anthony Nolan site ,to register its a spit test thay will send you and you send it back ,go on you know you want too :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I always wondered how to do this! I will definitely be registering! Thank you :) xxx

Not organs per se, but year ago I donated my eggs. A couple who couldn't make babies on their own went on to use them and they have a son who'll be 13 in August.
Some of you will know that I was a theatre nurse so I'm biased. I think it should be an automatic opt in unless you opt out.
That said, seeing my beloved humsbums distraught when I told him that I wanted to donate everything when the time came troubles me enormously. I'm not sure I could put him through it.

They don't automatically make people become organ donors as some religions don't believe in it.

I would want my parts to be donated however only if the person deserves them, i know i cant choose but I don't want a kidney going to a acholic/druggy who will only need a new one in a few years. I want my parts to be looked after by someone who really needs them. If I had a choice I would be like will smith in 7pounds lol. Where he picks who he gives them to. X

Put itv on ... From the heart! X

Not organs per se, but year ago I donated my eggs. A couple who couldn't make babies on their own went on to use them and they have a son who'll be 13 in August.
Some of you will know that I was a theatre nurse so I'm biased. I think it should be an automatic opt in unless you opt out.
That said, seeing my beloved humsbums distraught when I told him that I wanted to donate everything when the time came troubles me enormously. I'm not sure I could put him through it.
What a fabulously generous thing to do!! Well done you :) x

Latest posts

Back