Orly at Topshop

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrincessKiki

Reaction score
Sorry .... I don't get the point ! Why is it interesting?

Hmm what I find interesting is that they are £13 each!!!! Nearly as much as shellac or OPI gelcolor (if OPI were 7.5ml bottle).

Hmm I know what I would rather spend my pennies on!
:biggrin:

Sorry .... I don't get the point ! Why is it interesting?

I have been reading many threads on here over the past few days where newbies (myself included) are asking/querying what are the best polishes to have in kit. Orly has been mentioned quite a few times with people saying that it's better to have a range thats exclusive and only available to trade. This shows that Orly is going to available to everyone.....well everyone who shops in Topshop! Therefore loosing some of the exclusivity.
Sorry if you found the thread boring but thought other techs may be interested.

I have been reading many threads on here over the past few days where newbies (myself included) are asking/querying what are the best polishes to have in kit. Orly has been mentioned quite a few times with people saying that it's better to have a range thats exclusive and only available to trade. This shows that Orly is going to available to everyone.....well everyone who shops in Topshop! Therefore loosing some of the exclusivity.

I didn't say I found it boring! I was wondering what your point was? Now I know as you have explained it. Why you should think I thought it was boring I can't imagine. As the forum is for questions and discussion, I wondered what your question or point of discussion was. Now we know, it is more interesting.

Fact is, nothing is exclusive to professionals anymore, no matter how hard we try to keep it that way. ... Where there is a will there's a way I guess.

Of course there is trying and then, There are those who sell out to the high street shops!

There isn't much that's only available to trade these days. I know my local Sallys sells OPI to the public, as do the salons which retail it. Not to mention the online market.

I see your point though..I don't like to see pro bands in high street clothes shops. I am maybe being a bit of a hypocrite though as I use Bare Minerals in my make-up kit which is stocked by Debenhams. Sometimes you just can't win!

For the record though i think OPI are great polishes but I wish I hadn't wasted my money opening up the trade account, I wish I'd saved the £75 and spent it on Shellac instead :(

xx

Well said :)

Mmm I found it interesting.😄 I'm currently deciding which brand of hand and nail care to carry and this absolutely affects my decision.

Thanks Princess x

With eBay they can get just about anything these days xx

I have seen Orly in my local Boots too not quite as expensive as Topshop though.

They sell it in boots, and online boots.

Latest posts

Back