Orly Gel FX brush going hard!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HannahLousie87

Reaction score
Hey All,
Not sure if anyone can help but I seem to be hving a problem with Orly Gel FX brushes going stiff!!

About a month ago I done one of my regular clients nails and the base and topcoat brushes started going hard. We were doing her nails in her conservatory as she is most comfortable sitting in that particular chair (She is having a hip operation this week and that chair was most comfortable for her), I put it down to the fact that I had been using those top and base coats for a little while and like nail varnish, were just going thick. So I bought some new ones and left it at that!

It happened again this week though and the bottles im using are fairly new.... Can anyone give me any advice on this matter?? :confused:
Thanks!!

Sun light will cure them or the bottles being to close to your lamp when it's on c

Working in a conservatory that is full of UV light is not recommended for obvious reasons ... as UV is what cures your gel.

that happened with my gel polish and it was the conseratory also, have had to move my nail room into my dining room ! big disruptions but worth it as the cost of polishes i had to replace was stupid! lol x

It helps to understand your product chemistry.

I cant imagine anyone giving a gel class and not warning the students about UV light and explaining the consequences of your gel being exposed to it. This is what classes are for ... those who don't take them are very foolish indeed and it can be a costly mistake; the cost of a class isn't as much as 3 bottles of ruined gel in most cases. Well worth it.

I applied a gel top coat near a darkly tinted window once. Cured the brush. Learned a lesson. Thankfully, I had empty polish bottles and was able to find a brush that fit in the lid to replace it with. Call the company, they may sell you just the cap/brush if you explain what happened.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back