Orly gel lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephrae82

Reaction score
Hiya I have just started using orly gel. I'm finding that within a few days it's lifting.

Orly tell you to just put the primer on the tip of the nail then put your base coat all over the nail. Would it be worth putting primer all over?

It seems to be lifting at the cuticle. I end up peeling it off but it still stocks to the tips and I have to soak that bits off.

Gel Fx sticks like glue for me! If it is lifting at the cuticle you could be using too much base coat. I would only use primer on the whole of the nail if it was a very oily nail bed/ difficult client.
Hope this helps

Have you completed any training in the Orly GelFx? If not I would recommend you do.
There are so many good offers on the training courses via graftons at the moment. My course worked out free at my local wholesalers (alan howards)

I wouldn't advise using the primer on the entire nail as it per-longs the removal time.

Are you using the whole system? Talk us through the steps you take to prep the nail.

Lifting is usually due to insufficient or poor prep.

Are you prepping correctly?
Most common cause of lifting is by not prepping the nail well enough x

Everything I use is orly. When u looked into using orly I was directed to a step by step video of what to do. Originally when I did my gels course it was gellux thst was used. With orly they seem to do things a but different, no buffing and primer only on top of nail. What I do is,

Make sure polish is all off the nail, wipe it with the orly 3 in 1 cleanser. I then push back cuticles, and wipe over again. I put the primer on the tip if the nail and let it air dry. Then I put in base cost and cure it, two costs if the colour then the topcoat, obviously curing it after each cost I put in. Then wipe it down with the cleanser again and cuticle oil. I put the polish on thin and take it over the free edge.

Jeez sorry about spelling!! Must turn off the word checker thing in my phone! Lol x

looking at your application notes you may have just missed this out, but are you dry brushing the base coat before curing? too much base coat will certainly cause lifting as will any coat applied too thick hpe this helps

No I brush it after as it says to apply base cost, cure then dry brush off any excess

Latest posts

Back