Orly Launches Gel Polish - GEL FX

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just spoke with graftons uk and they are launching it first week of September! Just booked my free demo in :) AND they will be giving 30% discount as intro offer!! £15 a bottle rrp normally.

:)

Wow thats a fab deal. Do you have a link at all plz coz id also love 2 do the demo day. Also where are graftons based? Any academys in herts or essex do you know?. Thanks for your help x x

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Read several reviews in several different magazines yesterday...they were raving about this new system. I don't go by what I read, however. I like trying things myself before I make a determination.

I must admit, I am intrigued.;)

I have googled and checked orly website but can't find any info about it coming to the uk and exact application method.
Can anyone advise?? Currently in lice with Shellac but love my orly nail polishes and the colour range is enticing me :)

Xx

I love Shellac too but I'm getting a bit bored with the colours. Even with the new Shellac shades that are out next month they are still lacking. I don't want to have to layer every time I want an interesting colour!

Wow thats a fab deal. Do you have a link at all plz coz id also love 2 do the demo day. Also where are graftons based? Any academys in herts or essex do you know?. Thanks for your help x x

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Sure go to www.graftons.co.uk or call
01827 280 080.
The area manager is coming to me to do the demo! Even better :)
They're also sending out price lists and all relevant info.

And I was also told that it can be used with both LED and UV lamps. Saves me buying LED now :)

HTH x

I love Shellac too but I'm getting a bit bored with the colours. Even with the new Shellac shades that are out next month they are still lacking. I don't want to have to layer every time I want an interesting colour!

I'm finding that too. I can't rave about Shellac enough to clients but I have had a few disappointed with colour range.
Whilst on the subject of shellac...are you shellac lovers finding its brand sells itself? I have Bern offering shellac for 3 months now and sell it/advertise it as much as poss as I believe in the product but in 3 months only 5 people have had shellac applied.
I read from other beauticians that they are madly busy with shellac alone. Am I doing something wrong or will it take more tine & selling??

X

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not seen any news regarding Orly gel polishes coming to the UK. The wholesaler I use is always stocked with the latest Orly products and there is no sign of gel polishes. Also I've not seen it in Scratch magazine which is always a tell tale sign when its out here

Did anyone see this at Olympia? What was your opinon?

I am having a demo tonight, can't wait to try it!

They didn't have it at olympia so the rep told me, I'm booked in for a vistit in October the first time they could fit me in!

Ive known about this for a while as i follow Orly on Facebook. I think its been out in the US for a month or so now , and was launched here a couple of weeks ago

I use Shellac and it's been amazing for my salon, but i want something to use along side it as the colour range isn't so great compared to the Orly colours. The new system looks fab and ive been using Orly polishes in my salon for a very long time so im dead excited about this as they are using their best selling colours. My Grafton rep is coming in a few weeks to give me a demo :biggrin: Can't wait!

Did anyone see this at Olympia? What was your opinon?

I am having a demo tonight, can't wait to try it!

I saw this at Olympia, The rep i spoke to really sold it to me, the colours look amazing!!!! Its apparently the only vitamin enriched Gel Polish out there. I am hoping to book some orly training in the near future so hope to try these too!!

x

My suppliers ( Alan Howard ) told me last week that they would be getting it in very soon let's hope it's way better than the gelac rubbish they stocked last time !! I use shellac also but the colours bore me:-(

I had a set of orly fx nails done on Thursday by my rep and then spent saturday in the hotel kitchen (short staffed!!) as a POT WASH!!!!! 80 covers for lunch - all washed up by me - pots and all - no gloves !!

And you know what - they still look fab!!!!!!!!!!! gonna place the order!!

:)

I love Shellac but I so agree with this!

Jacqui xx

hi orly and ibd are defo supplied by graftons in the uk, orly is available at my local wholesaler and they were offering to take back my gelac in some sort of exchange for orly fx will be speaking to them about it this week cant wait to try it as the colours will match my orly polishes

I've had Oh Cabana Boy on since Friday, going strong so far! Love the colour so much! I will keep you updated as to how it lasts and how easy removal is............... :biggrin: xx

Last edited:
I have it and it is amazing at last I have my all-time favourite Naughty in a gel polish. The colours are amazing 32 of the top sellers to start with. I had it on five days before I removed it just to see how it compared to the others and it's fab just crackles up and flakes off no need to scrub at the remaining polish. I started with Shellac and my clients and I soon got bored of the colours , I don't like the look of the layered colours. I have always loved my Orly polish so this is heaven for me x the shine on it is beautiful too x

I just like options so I'll check it out. We're still waiting here in the US for the launch of OPI's gel polish line, as well, so I'll be checking them both out.

Can I ask , if the Orly Gel Fx brush is the same as the normal polish brush, or more like the Shellac and OPI brushes?

Also does it require buffing before and after for removal?

I have only just started with Shellac so I 'm not bored with their colour'e yet , but maybe in the future I will need to use a gel based polish system as well for clients who do not suit Shellac , or who require longer lasting results, so iam going to follow this thread .

Also any pics please by those wearing it would be great . thank's

Im interested in step by step on this too xx

Can I ask , if the Orly Gel Fx brush is the same as the normal polish brush, or more like the Shellac and OPI brushes?

Also does it require buffing before and after for removal?

I have only just started with Shellac so I 'm not bored with their colour'e yet , but maybe in the future I will need to use a gel based polish system as well for clients who do not suit Shellac , or who require longer lasting results, so iam going to follow this thread .

Also any pics please by those wearing it would be great . thank's

Where can I view and buy this product on-line? The Grafton Website has nothing on it.

Latest posts

Back