Orly Launches Gel Polish - GEL FX

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where can I view and buy this product on-line? The Grafton Website has nothing on it.

Tell me about it! The Grafton website is shocking really. And I'm sure when I asked about Orly supplies they wanted to come out to see me?!

Does anyone know if they do a catalogue. Im extremely interested in this as I was going to look into Shellac at Pro Beauty North but I love Orly polishes and shades so maybe this is the way to go....???

I have it and it is amazing at last I have my all-time favourite Naughty in a gel polish. The colours are amazing 32 of the top sellers to start with. I had it on five days before I removed it just to see how it compared to the others and it's fab just crackles up and flakes off no need to scrub at the remaining polish. I started with Shellac and my clients and I soon got bored of the colours , I don't like the look of the layered colours. I have always loved my Orly polish so this is heaven for me x the shine on it is beautiful too x

Hi
Could you tell us (me) how to prepare the nail and how to remove please?
I'm in Oz and it hasn't come out here yet.

Yes the orly gel fx brush is just the same as the polish one . Step by step application is
1. Cuticle work
2. File nails
3. Cleanse with the orly cleanser
4. Apply primer to the tips of the nail
5. Apply basecoat
6. Dry brush
7. Apply 2 coats of colour
8. Apply topcoat
9. Wipe with orly cleanse
10. Apply cuticle oil
All coats must be applied thinly
Removal is so easy break seal on the polish , wrap nails with orly remover and it has removed from my nails in five minutes !
If you just ring Grafton international they will send a rep out to you I'm sure.

Am I being think, but what do you mean by dry brush? :-S

Yes the orly gel fx brush is just the same as the polish one . Step by step application is
1. Cuticle work
2. File nails
3. Cleanse with the orly cleanser
4. Apply primer to the tips of the nail
5. Apply basecoat
6. Dry brush
7. Apply 2 coats of colour
8. Apply topcoat
9. Wipe with orly cleanse
10. Apply cuticle oil
All coats must be applied thinly
Removal is so easy break seal on the polish , wrap nails with orly remover and it has removed from my nails in five minutes !
If you just ring Grafton international they will send a rep out to you I'm sure.

I'm not a nail tech but looking at brands for our salon. Does this system use a lamp?

Thank you

from Debbie's HTC Sense

I spoke to Donna at orly and she was really helpful and is going to come and do a demo. However, she did say that the natural nail needed "light buffing" before application and thrn you need to "break" the seal for removal and this is what put me off as some people are really funny about buffing the NN (I used to be too so can understand where they're coming from!).
Anyhow, it was the light buffing that put me off and in the end I opted for Shellac. The Orly GelFx does look really good though if you don't mind the buffing.............. HTH xx

I'm not a nail tech but looking at brands for our salon. Does this system use a lamp?
Thank you

from Debbie's HTC Sense

hi, yes needs a lamp. Either LED or 36watt UV Lamp

I was advised that buffing of the natural nail was optional?? X

This is very important and will make a big difference to most of us. Looking forward to finding out more about this product.

Oh, I'm just relaying what I was told by Orly, which was that "light buffing of the natural nail is required". I was obviously told different info to you, wonder which one is correct?! x

I spoke to Donna at orly and she was really helpful and is going to come and do a demo. However, she did say that the natural nail needed "light buffing" before application and thrn you need to "break" the seal for removal and this is what put me off as some people are really funny about buffing the NN (I used to be too so can understand where they're coming from!).
Anyhow, it was the light buffing that put me off and in the end I opted for Shellac. The Orly GelFx does look really good though if you don't mind the buffing.............. HTH xx

hi ya, i been wearing my Orly FX for over a week now! Done by Donna too! The buff is soo no abrasive at all! You will be fine! I have been doing loads of house work, no gloves, working, looking after a toddler, washing jugs at my husbands business, and i love it! so i will be ordering mine very soon!

Called in my local supplier today and picked up a brochure. In the list of application it doesn't say anything about buffing the nail plate. Just light abrasion before soaking off. Colours were nice but not all that different to the shellac range really.
Diane x

Hi just done the Orly Gel FX workshop and picked up an advanced kit, it has 6 colours including some old favourites like old cabana boy and naughty. It looks beautiful ! so glossy, and so easy to remove, 10 mins is all it takes. I can't wait to buy more colours. :)

OMG everyones getting a piece of the action and i cant even get a reply email from Graftons! C**p!

I saw this a while ago on Orlys facebook page - it gives a quick run down of application.

Orly GelFX Video - YouTube

I love Orly polish but i must admit im put off by the buffing and that different colours can need longer to cure and remove?

Im also not keen on the fact that fingers need curing seperately, but I guess if you already have Shellac that this lamp should work with it???

It's just so unaccessable to buy though! If Grafton's are the only ones selling then I will deffo buy into Shellac instead.

Hopefully though ellisons will stock it then at least I can order everything from one place

Five things I noticed from the video:

1. They didn't buff the nail plate. I like that.
2. You have to cure your thumbs separately. Pain in the A**
3. You have to dry brush after curing your base coat. Like Gelish
4. Some colors take longer than 30 seconds to cure. Curious
5. Soaks off in 10 minutes. I like that

Hmmmmm. Interesting.

I've just emailed the suppliers here to request a GelFX information pack and price list.

I like the colours :)

Also as an aside Q without starting a new thread, can someone tell why sometimes only the free edge needs primer? I've seen it a few times on here, I think ManiQ is the same procedure with the primer. Thanks :)

I just got the price list and I must say I'm impressed by their launch discounts!

I'm also super impressed with The Beauty Institutes customer service on Friday evening! If anyone from there is on here, Anthony is a star!

Hmmm, i received my info pack but wasn't impressed with the service.
Got plenty of leaflets and info, but you would expect a letter of somesort with 'Hello, if you need help call..., here's our training dates..., etc etc but nothing.

Plus they sent me the Orly product guide but no prices for anything or an order form! Just got prices and order form for Gel FX and OMG that lamp is expensive! You Shellacers will be OK as they do a conversion kit so you wont need the lamp.

So OK this lamp is quicker at 30 second cure BUT you have to cure thumb seperately which then makes it a minute, add in the fact that some take longer to cure and is it really quicker than Shellac?

Overall I am impressed with the colour range, and the fact that you can offer the mini mani's with most and full size polish with all, I'm impressed with Orly's range of top, bottom & cuticle care etc. It would just be great if they had the mani & pedi products to go with it!

Overall its a £*** start up (discounted) which will work out roughly same as Shellac when added everything in BUT I have no idea where or when courses run and S2 & Ellisons customer service is swinging it for me!

Im thinking I will get Shellac first and maybe later down the line bring in Gel FX when there is more feedback and more info about it :)

Oh just a quick for those who have been trained, how much was the class?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back