Osmo Ikon shade question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loum08

Reaction score
Hi I have been colouring my hair for ages using XP 100 in shades 7.00 and 7.3 ( I’m naturally an auburn colour but I’ve loads of grey) however I wanted to use a vegan cruelty free formula and so opted for osmo Ikon.
I ordered the same shade in lockdown as nowhere was open to look at a colour chart but the achieved results is more of a Sandy straw like colour and not the dark blonde with a bit of warmth that I had before..

the pic of the back of my head is my colour now, the other pic is how I prefer my hair to be

can anyone advise me on this please ?
Thanks 🙏🏼

Attachments

• 6D4D151B-9ADE-49C2-9266-E06ED8E277B8.jpeg
    6D4D151B-9ADE-49C2-9266-E06ED8E277B8.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
  • F62FBDF5-FE94-46CD-BF82-92DD4543E403.jpeg
    F62FBDF5-FE94-46CD-BF82-92DD4543E403.jpeg
    287.3 KB · Views: 19
Your second pic looks more like a level 5 or 6 to me.

Thank you, I’m not familiar with the brand and I don’t have a colour chart to look at.
So I’m in the dark in this one.
The 2 colours I used previously worked well it was just the fact XP isn’t cruelty free, but now I’m unhappy with my colour 😞

You don’t need a shade chart to work out the depth of the hair colour you want to achieve, because the ICC is a universal measurement.

Obviously, as your hair is already coloured, you’re now doing a colour correction, so you’d have to formulate a different mix taking into account your current colour, compared to if you were colouring virgin hair.

I‘d look at applying either a demi or a semi to add a bit of depth to your colour.

You don’t need a shade chart to work out the depth of the hair colour you want to achieve, because the ICC is a universal measurement.

Obviously, as your hair is already coloured, you’re now doing a colour correction, so you’d have to formulate a different mix taking into account your current colour, compared to if you were colouring virgin hair.

I‘d look at applying either a demi or a semi to add a bit of depth to your colour.

Thank you, I’m just wondering why the colour is so different in comparison to the same shade in XP ..

Thank you, I’m just wondering why the colour is so different in comparison to the same shade in XP ..

Each colour house formulates a bit differently.
You’ll find that some have a violet base to their colours, whilst others have a green base and others are blue based so I recommend when people swap brands and get hold of a shade chart and a technical manual and read up to familiarise themselves with the products.

So a 9/1 or 9.1 in most colour houses is an Ash shade but it could be a grey, blue, green or even violet ash.

I haven’t used XP so I don’t know what base colour they use.

U

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back