Other brand equivalent of Ion 8.34

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chloeluckin

Reaction score
Hi,
So I’ve recently discovered that my go-to hair colour is now no longer available on Sally’s - it’s either been discontinued or it’s just been out of stock for the last 2 months.

For years I’ve beeb using Ion Permanent in 8.34 Light Golden Copper Blonde, and it’s the PERFECT shade.
I tried Majirel 8.34 because I thought event though it won’t be exactly the same, it would be very similar. I was incredibly wrong!

I did a patch test to check the colour as I’ve never used it before and to make sure I wouldn’t have a reaction, and it’s very different to the Ion colour.
With the Ion, it’s a beautiful light copper colour, but this ones looks like an auburn red shade, which looks at least 1-2 shades darker than my usual colour. I used 6% developer which is what I always use as my natural hair is on the same colour level.

Could you help me to find a colour that will come out almost the same as ION permanent 8.34 please?

Thanks!

Hi,
So I’ve recently discovered that my go-to hair colour is now no longer available on Sally’s - it’s either been discontinued or it’s just been out of stock for the last 2 months.

For years I’ve beeb using Ion Permanent in 8.34 Light Golden Copper Blonde, and it’s the PERFECT shade.
I tried Majirel 8.34 because I thought event though it won’t be exactly the same, it would be very similar. I was incredibly wrong!

I did a patch test to check the colour as I’ve never used it before and to make sure I wouldn’t have a reaction, and it’s very different to the Ion colour.
With the Ion, it’s a beautiful light copper colour, but this ones looks like an auburn red shade, which looks at least 1-2 shades darker than my usual colour. I used 6% developer which is what I always use as my natural hair is on the same colour level.

Could you help me to find a colour that will come out almost the same as ION permanent 8.34 please?

Thanks!
Take a look at koleston perfect 8/34

Take a look at koleston perfect 8/34
After looking up the swatch for ion 8.34 I don't think koleston 8/34 will match very well sorry.
The ion 8.34 seems very subdued, maybe koleston perfect 8/73 or 8/74 would be better suited.

I do believe i was told whole ION range is discontinued

After looking up the swatch for ion 8.34 I don't think koleston 8/34 will match very well sorry.
The ion 8.34 seems very subdued, maybe koleston perfect 8/73 or 8/74 would be better suited.
Looked at the swatch myself and think 8/74 is probably the best option!

Latest posts

Back