Other industry qualifications

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallandcute

Reaction score
hello everyone!

just wondered if any of you have other industry specific qualifications at all? only ask as as much as i love this industry i also have a huge passion for animals and am looking to potentially in the future set up a cattery as a side business from this one.

also does anyone else have other businesses aside from beauty, nails, make up and hair?

I have level 3 health and social care and level 3 team leading and management in health and social care , looking in to starting a level 3 in childcare as am starting new p/t job in childcare , working nights in care home and HATE it xx

I have an NVQ Level 2 & 3 Customer service certs that we had to do along side our Beauty therapy during collage. I'm also a "sleeping" partner in my husbands Ventilation & ductwork company - yes that's as boring as it sounds! I stick to running my salon though and let him run that!

Thank you ladies for your reply. Looking to do animal care and management with the view to setting up one day.

I've got a Bachelor of Communications. I used to work as a journalist for a women's magazine before I ventured in to beauty. I think it's important to follow what you're passionate about - good luck! x

The beauty etc industry can be part time or sporadic working for all kinds of reasons. On this basis I'm a massive advocate of having options elsewhere.

I'm currently doing qualifications to teach beauty therapy but alongside those I am taking some level 3 makeup qualifications (I can no longer do a lot of the other level 3 stuff eg body treatments massage etc due to a change in health). Also there are some academic subjects I could also teach. I'm hoping to go with whatever provides the best working hours/play/location/responsibility etc.

It is absolutely one hundred percent worth having more strings to your bow if you're not spreading yourself too thinly. It keeps things interesting and gives you more options :)

Thank you ladies for your reply. Looking to do animal care and management with the view to setting up one day.

Definitely see what animal qualifications are being ran by your local colleges. Most offer something in this lexicon. There are even some unis that do too.

Latest posts

Back