Other qualifications...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has learnt any other qualifications in beauty to compliment their qualifiactions in nails. as i am nearing the end of my qualification, i am thinking of carrying on with education and learning about beauty etc but was hoping some of you may have aome experience and advice of what has benefited you!

I am interedted in doing many different courses but can only do one at a time!
Look forward to hearing from you all!

Lou xxx :D

Hello Louise,

I'm doing Airbrush tanning soon. I'm doing it with Su-Do.
I choose it because I'm going to offer airbrush temp. tattoos at my husbands shop. I can use this same system(diff gun though$$$) to do tanning & nails too. So, it just seemed kind of natural...(& best thing about it is as I'm doing the tattoos in hubbys shop, hes paying for the kit!! :rofl: :rofl: :mrgreen:

Hi Kitty,

That sounds like fun to do at our collage some of the girls had the airbrushing tan done and it looked ike they had just returned off a two week holiday abroad!

Have you got any other qulaifications!!

Ps. i know this is a bit off subjectbut what outfit is that you are wearing on your picture it looks fab!!!

Lou xxx :D

Hunny,
I wish it were me!!! Its a Las Vegas Showgirl. I actually do have a Showgirl outfit, (when in Rome & all that) but alas, too many Vegas Buffets & $2.49 steak & eggs at 3am, means I can no longer fit into it!! :( :(

I'm considering learning reflexology and aromatherapy aswell as nails :) Then I can introduce them into my nail services ;-)

xxlaylaxx

LayStar said:
I'm considering learning reflexology and aromatherapy aswell as nails :) Then I can introduce them into my nail services ;-)
xxlaylaxx

Nice idea Laystar - great to be able to give a great massage too!! I have a little something for ya - you will receive it next week in the mail ;) :shock: ;) :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops:

hee hee hee hee

ooooh im quite scared now chicha!!!! lol! That ''hee hee hee'' sounds :twisted: evil! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Lol!!

I have a reflexology book which im working my way through, and I use some aromatherapy oils in pedicures at the mo, but would love to study it properly!! One step at a time though!!

xxlaylaxx

Be VERY SCARED!!!!! :D :shock: ;)

Samantha...why do i have the feeling that i know what you've got me?!! lol!! BTW have you read the email i sent a little while ago?? Its about my course info ;-) *again!!*

xxlaylaxx

I have enrolled to study Certificate 4 in Beauty Therapy which is a full time 12 month course in beauty covering areas such as facials, waxing, tinting, massage, aromatherapy, body wraps, etc.

I can't wait to get started!! :)

I'd like to offer my clients instant tanning (something like St Tropez) and eyelash dying and perming as extras, but I've got my hands full just learning to do nails at the moment! :D

Good luck whatever you decided!

Kx :rainbow:

im thinking of offering smilegems to my mobile clients as some of them are intrested.smilegems are popular in the salon where i work as well. :D

I do tooth gems which I get from a company in Scotland, all proper dental products at a fraction of the price of Smile gems or Tooth fairy. I have also been trained at St. Tropez tanning, which doesn`t cost anything for a tutor to come to your house and train a few people providing you spend so much on products (it was £50 when I did it). This is really easy to achieve between a few girls and a great evening in.

Thanks all
You all seem to mention smile gems are they quite popular then and how do you go about getting trained!
Thanx Lou xxx :D

Hi Louise,
Smilegems may do their own training but there isn`t much to it except I believe you may have to mix the glues. The gems I got comes with a ready-to-use glue and full instructions on how to apply them. They are really popular and as they only take minutes to apply, its an easy extra income to doing nails.
Debs

Currently I have a Certificate 3 in beauty which qualifies me to do nails, waxing tinting and makeup.
I have already started my Cert 4 in Beauty Therapy which includes facials, massage etc as Michelle stated earlier. My course is modifed to part time, 1 full day a fortnight as I have already done over half of the components.

On the subject of that, Michelle I hope you enjoy it i love it...when do you start :?:

Hi Jane

I will enrol in Cert 4 the day I finish in my office job - which at the moment looks to be 30 June 2003.

I can't wait :D

I do airbrush tanning temp tattoos and make up all with Sudo.Massage and reflexology I studied 18 years ago (shows my age)
The next big thing for me is piercing.Its starting to get really popular here in France and not many people do it.Not everyone who would like something pierced is happy to got to the local tattooist as seems to be common here.For me its a natural addition to a salon with a lot of potential (or perhaps Im crazy).
Stay cool
Michel

DO YOU HAVE CONTACT DETAILS FOR ST TROPEZ TRAININ AS I WOULD BE REALLY INTERESTED IN DOING THIS AND COULD PROBABLY GET TWO OR THREE OTHERS TO COME AROUND AND BE TRAINED. :?:

hi,
I qualified in 1997 and am able to do, eyelash and brow tinting, waxing, facials, make up & make up lessons, manicures, pedicures, baby massage, nose and ear piercing, airbrush tanning, and airbrush tattoo's.
Since then i have also taken a course in nutritional therapy, this is also quite nice.

However now I am just interested more than anything in Nails and out of all of it find this to be the most rewarding, I still have loads and loads to learn yet and still to go on a creative course, but I think it is what interests you the most that you should concentrate on, rather than what is most popular.

I could probably set up quite a nice little business doing all the things I am already trained to do, but I would rather set it up in Nails it is more of a passion for me.

Good luck and all the very best in what you choose i am sure you will find great rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back