Ouch! any advise please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Gemma*

Reaction score
Hi
Last night I went to work as normal and all was hunky dory. Unfortunately because my daughters boyfriend has got a football injusry I keep having to do her job on my way home because she can't get there without him:irked:

This is just a simple job cleaning a doctors surgery. Well, I pulled up outside and as usual had handfulls of stuff, car keys, surgery keys, phone etc and I have 2 locks on the outer door with 2 keys and the inner door has another key. I have to unlock the doors quickly before the alarm wakes the whole of our village up. I opened the 2 outer locks and can't turn a light on until I unlock the inner door and deal with the alarm. Here comes the problem, don't ask me how but I got my enhancement caught in the inner key hole!!!:Grope: This has resulted in me snapping my enhancement 3/4 of the way down and my own nail underneath too:cry:
The air was blue I can tell you!!!
Please tell me how I can deal with this, its certainly throbbin' robin!!
And in true traditional Gemma style I am knocking it on everything, I am being too much of a baby to even wash the rest of the blood off it becaue it is that sore. I can't bear the thought of soaking it off and anyway if I am clinging to the ceiling how on earth will i keep the acetone near it?
Any advise truly appreciated, thanks:hug:

Ouch indeed! Sounds very painful! I'd clean it and leave it til the pain goes before you attempt to soak off. Hope it gets better soon!

Ouch indeed! Sounds very painful! I'd clean it and leave it til the pain goes before you attempt to soak off. Hope it gets better soon!

You cannot just leave it! The movement will be too painful.

Wash it and sanitise it while holding the broken part slightly apart so the sanitiser gets in there. It will hurt for a second but you must do it.

Then when it is dry. use your nail adhesive and glue the area back together. You will feel instant relief.

Then gently reduce the length of the enhancement and then file the area over the break until it is thinner and reapply a 'bandage of liquid and powder to hold it securely.

Let the breakage grow out keeping the nail short.

I have done this many times for people, particularly in the old days when breakages like this were common and products not so flexible as today.

If after you have repaired it as per my suggestions, the nail begins to throb or feels very painful then the enhancement must be removed, but I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS HAPPEN EVER.

Do it as soon as possible. You cannot just leave it, and you cannot soak it off while it is an open wound OUCH.

Here is another thread on the same thing.
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/42773-ive-broken-nail-ouch.html

You cannot just leave it! The movement will be too painful.

Wash it and sanitise it while holding the broken part slightly apart so the sanitiser gets in there. It will hurt for a second but you must do it.

Then when it is dry. use your nail adhesive and glue the area back together. You will feel instant relief.

Then gently reduce the length of the enhancement and then file the area over the break until it is thinner and reapply a 'bandage of liquid and powder to hold it securely.

Let the breakage grow out keeping the nail short.

I have done this many times for people, particularly in the old days when breakages like this were common and products not so flexible as today.

If after you have repaired it as per my suggestions, the nail begins to throb or feels very painful then the enhancement must be removed, but I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS HAPPEN EVER.

Do it as soon as possible. You cannot just leave it, and you cannot sok it off while it is an open wound OUCH.

Here is another thread on the same thing.
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/42773-ive-broken-nail-ouch.html

Thank you so much, I have sanitised it and have used my adhesive to put it back together, and you are so right I have almost instant relief. I will apply some l & p and shorten it now.
Thanks so much

Thank you so much, I have sanitised it and have used my adhesive to put it back together, and you are so right I have almost instant relief. I will apply some l & p and shorten it now.
Thanks so much

This was such an interesting post it gave me a lot of good information for painful nail repairs
I am sorry you broke your nail and it really must have been so painful for you :hug: x
Glad its now on the mend thanks to geeg
but at least we now know what we can do to help (thank you geeg) for some great info.

Latest posts

Back