Ouch...bashed my nail, do I leave it??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffle

Reaction score
As the title says, I very stupidly bashed my nail big time yesterday (rushing around tidying my little girls room!). It hurt ALOT and I think I caught it and pulled it backwards. Anyhow it was throbbing all night and today still feels sore / bruised. I've got acrylic on with colour over so can't see anything. Should I leave it alone for a few days then soak off and see what's happened?

what kind of "color" on top? something you can easliy remove? or do u need to file or soak it off??

As the title says, I very stupidly bashed my nail big time yesterday (rushing around tidying my little girls room!). It hurt ALOT and I think I caught it and pulled it backwards. Anyhow it was throbbing all night and today still feels sore / bruised. I've got acrylic on with colour over so can't see anything. Should I leave it alone for a few days then soak off and see what's happened?

is it polished? If so use as little remover as possible to take it off.
It really depends on whether you can work on it or not. If you've broken the skin the last thing you want to be doing is soaking in acetone and the motion of filing won't do you any favours either!:lol:

If you've cracked it you'll be able to tell but if there's no crack, personally i'd leave it till it feels more comfortable.

I have Gelish on top, so would need to file the colour off if leaving the L&P in tact. My nails are quite thin anyway, so I really need to be more careful! I don't often wear acrylic...this is why...:eek:

I would just leave it alone, maybe wrap it up to keep it from getting caught again and ripping totally off. It will take time for it to heal and grow out. Just let it do what it will do naturally. You will need to keep it cleaned out though to keep bacteria out from under the nail. Not sure what you have overseas, but Listerine or white vinegar kills over 90% of bacteria. After it has healed some and isn't sore anymore you can soak it off if you decide to.

If it looks infected (red and/or irritated) then you will need to go to the doctor immediately.

Latest posts

Back