Ouch-care plan advice, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGritt

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

Here's the story: I had a team building day through work, we were told to turn up on sport kit to which we thought it was a bit of a joke, anyway we got surprised with having to play a game of basketball, which was fine until I missed a catch and ended up just grazing the ball with my little finger. It took my extension off and felt it crunch and rip through my nail.
It was bleeding for ages but I got on with the rest of the games.
I have just had a bath and can feel my finger throbbing, I have a plaster over the nail just to stop dirt etc but my finger is in agony and I'm struggling to use my hand coz don't want to accidentally knock my finger.
Has anyone got any advice on a treatment plan please? Should I put some antiseptic spray on? I thought to leave the plaster and let the nail heal before maybe applying a protective acrylic overlay once grown down a bit?
Any help is fab.
I have added a pic but is poor quality, sorry, my natural free edge is straight across the red area in the pic

Thanks geeks

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339437571.407769.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339437571.407769.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 96
I myself wouldnt be putting any overlay on it yet. I would let it heel abit till the pain wears off.

I did something similar once with my thumb. and just put a plaster on it untill the pain went. then let it grew out a little then i put an L&P overlay on it as it was so sensitive, and now its all fine, that may not be the right answer and someone else may be able to help but thats what i done, defo plaster till pain free xx

Cheers hunn that's what I was thinking until the nail has grown out and pain free :)

Latest posts

Back