Ouch-nail beds peeling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katysnails83

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Had some nails on that my friend did but they have all come off and ripped most of my natural nail with them - they are peeling and look awful - never experienced this before on me or clients - any words of wisdom?

Thanks

xxxx

I assume you are talking about your natural nail looking like it is peeling?

Did you bang or bash your enhancements initially as if they just came off they should not have ripped your nail off with them. If you knocked them and they lifted then this would cause damage where layers of natural nail is pulled away with the enhancement.

The best thing you can do in my opinion is to do a warm oil manicure on yourself then very gently buff the surface and apply something like Nail Envy by OPI. Do not try to peel or pick at them. Weekly manicures and reapply a conditioning nail hardener until the damaged part grows out.HTH.

they were really long for a nail comp and my friend cut them down but they've been hurting so much - the tips all ripped off and the acrylic was left so I've soaked that off and left with my nails looking red and peeling texture and being sore.

Thanks again Karen

xx

Did you wear them for a while, the fact that they were comp length could have put pressure on the nail plate if they were worn for longer than necessary. Or maybe if she didn't support the nail bed when clipping them down the pressure from this may have caused some damage. But if you have used the correct procedure to soak them off they should not be damaged. I don`t have any other suggestions as to how this may have been caused. Maybe another geek has some further advise or explanation.

:confused:

Latest posts

Back