Ouchy!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

twotooty2fruity

Reaction score
Another quicky question!!

I'm doing a course with star nails and am having a problem with the girl i've been put with to work. I'm quite happy with the nails i've been putting on her, but she is inflicting a lot of pain on me, i've tried helping her, but she wont listen! She holds the file at such an angle that she's constantly filing my cuticle and finger around the matrix area!! I've told the trainer but she doesn't seem to be telling her! i've got scabby bits all around the end of my fingers and no one else wants to work with her!! I dont know what to do????? :evil: :o

I think you need to put your foot down a bit harder, you can`t have that sort of pain inflicted on you all the time.
Be a bit tougher with your trainer, she shouldn`t be letting her get away with it, failing that I`d just refuse to be partnered with her.
If she carries on like that she won`t have return clients will she............

hi
i also had this problem with my nails (i originally trained with star nails) my nails were left in a sorry state ...she even drew blood on one ocassion (right through to my nail bed ...OUCH!!and i still have a mark on my nail bed from this ...it never disappeared:sad: ..be firmer and refuse to work with this girl ...let her practise on your trainer ...(see if she appreciates it ):rolleyes: .i know this will be difficult as you don't want to make enemies as the classes are quite friendly...take the trainer to one side (get there early:) )and show her your nails and demand she puts you with a different partner...i didn't and i have a permanent scar to remind me of my training:eek: :o ..be brave think about what you should say before you get ther ...and SAY IT!!:biggrin:
hope this helps a little
debbie

twotooty2fruity said:
Another quicky question!!

I'm doing a course with star nails and am having a problem with the girl i've been put with to work. I'm quite happy with the nails i've been putting on her, but she is inflicting a lot of pain on me, i've tried helping her, but she wont listen! She holds the file at such an angle that she's constantly filing my cuticle and finger around the matrix area!! I've told the trainer but she doesn't seem to be telling her! i've got scabby bits all around the end of my fingers and no one else wants to work with her!! I dont know what to do????? :evil: :o

debbienailz said:
hi
i also had this problem with my nails (i originally trained with star nails) my nails were left in a sorry state ...she even drew blood on one ocassion (right through to my nail bed ...OUCH!!and i still have a mark on my nail bed from this ...it never disappeared:sad:
Crikey Debbie........sounds to me like you had the same partner:eek: .

All jesting aside.........I agree with both Debbies......sort this out before the problem becomes a more permanent one, after all you have paid good money to be trained. At the moment it sounds like there is certainly a deficiency in the training.

Go to your next training day with the decision that you will not be paired with this girl again unless she is shown how to work without inflicting pain. After all, we are not in the business of sadism.........at least..........I didn't think we were..........although.........:eek:

Adele:lol:

MMMmmmm...sounds to me like it must be a star nails thing for partners to inflict pain on the other...lol........i had the exact same problem when i trained with star nails a good few years ago....i always remember her, she was a tiny tiny wee petite girl but gee whiz, she was sooooooo rough with her filing and buffing...she also had my fingers twisting into positions that they should never have been in :( .....i told my trainer on the second day and i got a different partner.......so dont be afraid to speak up....i'm sure your trainer would not allow this girl to inflict pain and damage on her nails so why should she allow it to happen to yours

stanleyann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back