Our new therapies room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essexgary

Reaction score
So we decided to build our own Therapies room at home. The Garage was earmarked for my Office.... but that went out of the window as soon it was decided to build our own at home....

All this was decided about 4 months ago at the start of a very long hot summer. 4 months on I am still finishing it off as I do have a full time real life job. Some weeks it got all weekend spent on it, other I was lucky if I could fit in a few hours. But we are in no rush....

So. We started with a rather full Garage (no car, just crap) that had top be emptied out before we could start, so a few trips to the local tip later we had enough space to swing the proverbial cat around without it hitting anything. The next thing was a trip to the local Wickes Superstore for wood..... Jumping back a month we had sat down and worked out some plans on what we wanted to build and as all projects that changed a number of times before putting the first nail in.

Anyway, supplies obtained I needed a nail gun as there was no way I was whacking in hundreds of nails by hand (yep... me lazy). A few days latter a nice shiny nail gun arrived quickly followed by 1000 nails. Thats it. I can get started at the weekend. Lol.... No chance, that night I was out playing with my new toy.... Christ they are lethal.

IMG_2730.jpg

IMG_2729.jpg

Am I a builder by trade... god no. a nd by looking at those pics you can probably tell.....lol. What I am is passionate about what I get my teeth into. Youtube played a big big part in my building of our new space. Everything from hanging a door to plastering. If I had to do it I youtube'd it.

I also fully rewired in a new ring main to accommodate 6 double wall sockets (3 with USB charging points) as well as installing 6 LED dimmable downlighters. All with the aid of a wiring diagram that was given to me by an electrician friend. Once done it was all signed off as safe and correctly installed to pass muster with the powers that be.

Anyway. A whole host of pics will now follow with the build process to date...... Hope it don't bore you all to much!!!!

IMG_2806.jpg

IMG_2908.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2912.jpg

IMG_2954.jpg

IMG_2960.jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

So thats the build part 1. Will post Part 2 in next day or so if anyone is interested.....

Most of the bits came from Wickes DIY store. All the insulation came from Ebay and was collected locally and that was a complete bargain. saved hundreds over the shop price.

Anyway, hope you like.

Cheers Gary

Attachments

• IMG_2908.jpg
    IMG_2908.jpg
    763.6 KB · Views: 35
It's looking great so far! I'd love to see it progress.

We converted our double garage and workshop into a beauty salon this year. It was all systems go the first month then hardly anything happened for the next couple of months as my husband was busy working away and too tired at the weekends. Then we had another spurt in the spring which enabled me to move into the garage part. We do a bit more whenever we can (been busy out there today in fact!) and we're not far off now! Fortunately my husband works for a construction firm and we had a lot of help in the beginning, but he's done loads himself - and I designed it!

So we decided to build our own Therapies room at home. The Garage was earmarked for my Office.... but that went out of the window as soon it was decided to build our own at home....

All this was decided about 4 months ago at the start of a very long hot summer. 4 months on I am still finishing it off as I do have a full time real life job. Some weeks it got all weekend spent on it, other I was lucky if I could fit in a few hours. But we are in no rush....

So. We started with a rather full Garage (no car, just crap) that had top be emptied out before we could start, so a few trips to the local tip later we had enough space to swing the proverbial cat around without it hitting anything. The next thing was a trip to the local Wickes Superstore for wood..... Jumping back a month we had sat down and worked out some plans on what we wanted to build and as all projects that changed a number of times before putting the first nail in.

Anyway, supplies obtained I needed a nail gun as there was no way I was whacking in hundreds of nails by hand (yep... me lazy). A few days latter a nice shiny nail gun arrived quickly followed by 1000 nails. Thats it. I can get started at the weekend. Lol.... No chance, that night I was out playing with my new toy.... Christ they are lethal.

View attachment 207909

View attachment 207910

Am I a builder by trade... god no. a nd by looking at those pics you can probably tell.....lol. What I am is passionate about what I get my teeth into. Youtube played a big big part in my building of our new space. Everything from hanging a door to plastering. If I had to do it I youtube'd it.

I also fully rewired in a new ring main to accommodate 6 double wall sockets (3 with USB charging points) as well as installing 6 LED dimmable downlighters. All with the aid of a wiring diagram that was given to me by an electrician friend. Once done it was all signed off as safe and correctly installed to pass muster with the powers that be.

Anyway. A whole host of pics will now follow with the build process to date...... Hope it don't bore you all to much!!!!

View attachment 207911

View attachment 207912

View attachment 207914

View attachment 207915

View attachment 207916

View attachment 207917

View attachment 207918

So thats the build part 1. Will post Part 2 in next day or so if anyone is interested.....

Most of the bits came from Wickes DIY store. All the insulation came from Ebay and was collected locally and that was a complete bargain. saved hundreds over the shop price.

Anyway, hope you like.

Cheers Gary

Looks great well done you & doing it yourself you will feel such a huge amount of pride when it’s all done I’m sure [emoji119]

Latest posts

Back