out of date name on certificates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ditzy

Reaction score
Mods please feel free to move this, as I was unsure where to put it!!

All my certificates have my married name on, and I'm now back to my maiden name.

I was just wondering what I should do in this situation, should I take a copy of the deed poll letter when going to interviews to prove it is me? Also, what about displaying your certificates on the wall, with the wrong surname on?

HHHMMMMM:rolleyes:!

Hi. I had the same problem when I got married so I emailed CIBTAC which is my awarding body, to ask if I needed to renew my certificates under my new name. They assured me that it was not a problem as that was the name I was known under at the time the certificate was awarded. So I would think if you take some proof of your name change (just to be on the safe side in case a prospective employer queries it) you won't have a problem.

Hi. I had the same problem when I got married so I emailed CIBTAC which is my awarding body, to ask if I needed to renew my certificates under my new name. They assured me that it was not a problem as that was the name I was known under at the time the certificate was awarded. So I would think if you take some proof of your name change (just to be on the safe side in case a prospective employer queries it) you won't have a problem.

I thought this might be the case, thanks:).

What about having the certificates on the wall of the place you work? Is there any issue regarding the name being different to that which you are known as now?

A couple of people have asked, and I just told them that the certificates are in my maiden name and that my insurance company are fine with them as they are, so it's not been a problem, tbh.

I'm sure you could get your certificates reissued for a fee....have you contacted the relevant issuers about this, I guess that you don't really want to be displaying your old married name anymore :hug:

Latest posts

Back