Out of hour charges

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ditzydorey101

Reaction score
Hey guys!
So I’m currently doing a bit of research on opening my own place and I wondered if any of you charge extra for working out with your normal working hours?
A lot of my clients want days that I don’t work (for example a Sunday or super late).
I’m toying with the idea of possibly offering it but adding an ‘out of hours’ charge.
What do you guys think of this?
If any of you do offer it I’d love to know what you charge.

Thanks xx

Lots of salons open for one late night a week or the occasional Sunday.
However, I’d be wary of trying to accommodate individual requests because demanding clients only care about themselves. They’ll message at late hours and expect instant replies and complain bitterly if you don’t pander to their every whim.

If you decide to offer the occasional Sunday or a late night, I recommend you advertise the times and stick to them. If you offer one Sunday every 2 weeks for instance, you will get clients badgering you to ‘just do them’ on the Sunday that you've arranged a fun day out with friends.

Trying to be all things to all people isn’t a successful business model to follow. Do you want to work to live or live to work?

Give an inch - they’ll take a mile......

I messaged someone from my own phone by accident and they text me at 5.03 am asking to book in for dermaplaining [emoji58]

Hey guys!
So I’m currently doing a bit of research on opening my own place and I wondered if any of you charge extra for working out with your normal working hours?
A lot of my clients want days that I don’t work (for example a Sunday or super late).
I’m toying with the idea of possibly offering it but adding an ‘out of hours’ charge.
What do you guys think of this?
If any of you do offer it I’d love to know what you charge.

Thanks xx
I don't think people will pay more I would just stick to your normal hours x

Could you offer specified days or times that help accomodate your clients requests but dont muck you around?
Maybe the first or last sunday in the month, and Thursdays until 8pm.

Have you found a site to work from yet? If so, what's the opening days and times of other local businesses? What's the parking and public transport like? Can you get in or out ok?

You may have to think more flexibly if you want your business to succeed but not at the expense of your own life.
After 2 years of rent a chair I now allow myself up to every other Saturday off- it condenses my clients on the other days and I now feel I have some leisure time.
I do however offer Tuesday evenings late.

Latest posts

Back