out the door

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nails At The Hat Hire Company

Reaction score
hi ive just started using out the door as a top coat over polish and nail art. What im getting is a crackle effect (thats not intentional) when applied over polish and art.

what on earth can i be doing wrong.

also just brought some solar oil... do you paint it on the nails like polish or massage into cuticle area like a cuti oil?? i know that is a lame dumb question but not used creative before... and i'm blonde!!!

Thehandsanctuary said:
hi ive just started using out the door as a top coat over polish and nail art. What im getting is a crackle effect (thats not intentional) when applied over polish and art.

what on earth can i be doing wrong.

Sometimes quick drying topcoats cause this cracking effect - I would advise using an alternative top coat then either OTD or Solar Speed - I would personally go for the latter.

also just brought some solar oil... do you paint it on the nails like polish or massage into cuticle area like a cuti oil?? i know that is a lame dumb question but not used creative before... and i'm blonde!!!

We are all allowed blonde moments now and again LOL - massage it like cuticle oil.

CHEERS FOR THAT... MUST ARRANGE TO COME OVER TO YOU FOR SOME MENTORING... PROBABLY BE AFTER SUMMER HOLS AS WILL HAVE GIRLS AT HOME.
THANKS AGAIN

Sometimes if you put it on too thick or use more then one coat or use another brand on top Out the Door will crackle.

Hi all,

I agree with Susanne, a thick top coat WILL either peel or crack. I use Seche Vite and I absolutely adore it, it's fast drying and hardwearing.

Katxxx

I am amazed.

I have used Out the door for 7 or 8 years and never seen a crackle EVER.

Maybe you are just not using it correctly .. too thick ... airbrush paint not fully dry underneath. Easily solved I would have thought.

Used Seche Vite too and never had any problem with that either. In fact I would have said there is not much difference if any between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back