Outfits for Maternity

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobileharmonyxx

Reaction score
I have searched high and low for a maternity wear, but struggling to find any.

I am on a tight budget, as for saving for baby.

Any recommendations would be greatful.

Thanks.

I have searched high and low for a maternity wear, but struggling to find any.

I am on a tight budget, as for saving for baby.

Any recommendations would be greatful.

Thanks.

do you mean salon uniform ?

theres a company called d.k profashion that would probably have them. they have a massive range of stuff.

I don't know if this helps, and I will try to explain as best as I can... because I don't know what they are called (I tried googling and came up with bubkus:o)

When I was preggers, I was a funny size. Because I was sooooo tiny (103lbs before preggers) and have such delicate bone structure, most mat clothes fit me funny. They fit in the belly but nowhere else... which really didnt work.

What I did, often, was buy summer dresses at a department store, or blouses that were a size bigger. Then use a special clip to cinch it in the back, above my waist and below my bust line... so that it fit in the bust area and was loose in the belly.

They are usually about 2-3 inches long, with 'clamp' like clips on either end and 1/5inch wide. Sometimes made of fabric with elastic inside. Sometimes with just beading or other ornamentation. The clips resembled those on suspenders, quite a bit.

WHOOPS FOUND ONE: Vintage Clothing Scarf Blouse Jewelry Clip - (eBay.ca item 320248737043 end time 08-May-08 15:19:09 EDT)
b0d8_1.JPG

You can also make fabric strips that you can attach to the back so that you can tie it in a bow to 'cinch' it and pull it tighter or looser as necessary? (not sure if I'm making any sense)

Maternity clothes where I am are simply TERRIBLE and mucho expensive. Not much choice because most companies can't be bothered with making bilingual labels "just" for Quebec. MOst mother's here, leave the province and go shopping even in the US for mat clothes.

This might help too, an idea for altering your own stuff:
Mafe Maria • DIY Pregnancy Jeans

hth's

found the link for you,
www.dkprofashion.co.uk

i put maternity in the search box and it bought up 2 lovely tunics that were £21 inc vat

they also have some looser fit things in the 'extra size' dept that would probably be good.

i've had things from them before and the quality is very good and quick delivery too.

Thanks very much.

I found on ebay, a great item, which was a button on a piece of elastic. It works a treat. When I got it, I looked if something I could do myself.

The idea was to use a large button, big enough to fit a hole, in trousers. Attached a thin piece of elastic and tie a knot in it, so simple.

This is a good idea for anyone else who had/have the same problem.:)

Latest posts

Back