Oval tips... can you buy them??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dizzy

Reaction score
hi all,

this is a quick question, ive just done my gel and acrylic training and iam getting alone well apart from filing tips in to ovals, i know its cheating but does any one know where i can buy tips already shaped in an oval?

many thanks

I would like to know this too.. As I wear mine oval and it's a PITA that all tips are square!

But one trick I was taught is to use some ordinary curved nail clippers to snip away at the edges of the square tips, then just shape them with the file, it saves so much time and also stops you getting through so many files!

How about learning how to do it and read this tutorial.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-finishing-maintenance/9201-perfect-form-s-all-matter-degree.html

I think it is a shame that so many new technicians are not willing to learn the correct ways and just want to buy everything pre done!! So expensive and so silly. I'm glad I 'did my time' and learned the skills of my profession.

If someone took away every single aid we now have to do nails quicker and without skill I would be able still to produce a kick ass set of nails and it wouldn't cost me a dime extra. :D

How about learning how to do it and read this tutorial.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-finishing-maintenance/9201-perfect-form-s-all-matter-degree.html

I think it is a shame that so many new technicians are not willing to learn the correct ways and just want to buy everything pre done!! So expensive and so silly. I'm glad I 'did my time' and learned the skills of my profession.

If someone took away every single aid we now have to do nails quicker and without skill I would be able still to produce a kick ass set of nails and it wouldn't cost me a dime extra. :D

I totaly agree, you need to be able to file or sculpt the shape , even if you wear to bye them pre shaped you would still need to know so that you could shorten them . :)

Latest posts

Back