Over-Exposure How bad Can It Get..?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicky

Southern Geek
Reaction score
Hi All

I have taken over from a tech in a Beauty Place and one of her clients came in to see if i would look at her nails. Well this poor lady came in with open sores and blisters up too her nuckle and her natural nail looked like it had been deformed. I asked her what had happend and she went on to say that when the tech was applying the L & P she would get all over her finger and would drench the nail in monomer. After the nails were finished they felt Ok but roughly 8 hours later her fingers were burning and itchy, this got worse and worse untill she took the enhancements off.

When she came in today i tld her i couldnt put anythng on them so i manicured them for her. Not sure what else to do? She wants Enhancements again so do you think that her only option is Gel (Brisa) now or should i try L & P ?

Thanks all..!

Hi there,
If this is an allergic reaction caused by overexposure to the monomer liquid....and it certainly sound as if it is....Then I am afraid it is a permanent condition.......

This would not have happened just on that last set of nails but over a period of time...with the nail technician working in this sloppy manner giving her client a monomer manicure every appointment.....Now your client has an allergic reaction....and yes if she wants enhancements...you could try another monomer liquid although I think this could be risky given the severity of the reaction.....Therefore I think you would be best to switch systems altogether and try Brisa gel after all it is hypoallergenic.... .......HTH

I think I would recommend just plain manicures until she healed properly .....then I would try a different system (brands) ( from the one she was getting ) gel / l&p .....her reaction just sounds like the other tech was way to sloppy ....I personally am allergic to everything and have found that with careful application my Creative works best for my L & P's on me . Good luck with your new client !

izzidoll said:
Hi there,
If this is an allergic reaction caused by overexposure to the monomer liquid....and it certainly sound as if it is....Then I am afraid it is a permanent condition.......

This would not have happened just on that last set of nails but over a period of time...with the nail technician working in this sloppy manner giving her client a monomer manicure every appointment.....Now your client has an allergic reaction....and yes if she wants enhancements...you could try another monomer liquid although I think this could be risky given the severity of the reaction.....Therefore I think you would be best to switch systems altogether and try Brisa gel after all it is hypoallergenic.... .......HTH

Its the worst i have seen, i can't believe that someone didnt pick up on it before..! How long do wait untill trying Brisa? Havw you ever heard of it damaging the natural nail?

melissaq said:
I think I would recommend just plain manicures until she healed properly .....then I would try a different system (brands) ( from the one she was getting ) gel / l&p .....her reaction just sounds like the other tech was way to sloppy ....I personally am allergic to everything and have found that with careful application my Creative works best for my L & P's on me . Good luck with your new client !

I think im gonna give Brias a try..! Lets hope that works

vicky said:
Its the worst i have seen, i can't believe that someone didnt pick up on it before..! How long do wait untill trying Brisa? Havw you ever heard of it damaging the natural nail?

You will need to let the inflammation etc all settle and heal before you try another set of enhancements...however long that takes.........and I have seen clients who when suffering from a bad flare up of Eczema it has affected their natural nails.......a slight pitting on the nail surface....also have seen this with Psoriasis sufferers.....

izzidoll said:
You will need to let the inflammation etc all settle and heal before you try another set of enhancements...however long that takes.........and I have seen clients who when suffering from a bad flare up of Eczema it has affected their natural nails.......a slight pitting on the nail surface....also have seen this with Psoriasis sufferers.....

Thanks Isabel..!!

I wouldn't try another brand of l/p as it will be the liquid monomer that she has become sensitive to....and although monomers differ, they do contain similar ingredients....even if you are extremely careful and you don't touch the skin at all, the sensitivity is still there.

I would try one nail with your Brisa and another nail with a wrap, I wouldn't try a full set of either until you established whether there was sensitivity to these other systems.

Incidentally I did see a client who had an allergy to adhesive....same symptoms, but could wear l/p sculpts....no adhesive.

vicky said:
Hi All

I have taken over from a tech in a Beauty Place and one of her clients came in to see if i would look at her nails. Well this poor lady came in with open sores and blisters up too her nuckle and her natural nail looked like it had been deformed. I asked her what had happend and she went on to say that when the tech was applying the L & P she would get all over her finger and would drench the nail in monomer. After the nails were finished they felt Ok but roughly 8 hours later her fingers were burning and itchy, this got worse and worse untill she took the enhancements off.

When she came in today i tld her i couldnt put anythng on them so i manicured them for her. Not sure what else to do? She wants Enhancements again so do you think that her only option is Gel (Brisa) now or should i try L & P ?

Thanks all..!
Ouch! sounds painfull . i agree with the others keep manicuring untill this has healed HTH x

wrap systems are the least likely to cause sensitivity.

Thanks for your help, il keep her manicured for the time being and take it for there..! thanks all

maybe you could do a patch test, very small amount of both acrylic/gel , even glue
Her reaction could even be from over-priming and the primer flooding the cuticle and or running underneath

Latest posts

Back