Over from nail/skin for some hair help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinkyboots33

Reaction score
Ok. I have long thick hair which is a red/purple, natural colour is darkish brown. I have been getting the same colour for around 4 yrs and believe its wella semi-perm on lengths and permanent on roots as I have grey. I love the colour but fancy a change and think i might be getting a bit long in the tooth for it now. So, what I fancy is going back to a colour similar to my natural with caramel and blond highlights. Im sure the last time I mentioned this to my hairdresser she said id need to go all over brown for a while then introduce highlights etc - does that sound right? If so how long would the process be?

thanks hair geeks.

xxx

Anyone?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can you put a picture up? You could get some of the colour removed, then have some highlights put through and a colour in-between. Then you may need the highlights toned. If you have a brown put over the top then highlights introduced you still have all that red/purple underneath so it would be best to get some of it removed. It will take a few sessions to get the perfect colour you want (Hope that makes sense lol) x

Thanks for that :) you can kinda see but its a bit brighter - im sure she uses wella amd mixes a red and a purple, not sure if that helps.

Attachments

• 1397938338011.jpg
    1397938338011.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 70
Ps. Iv now found my old hairdressee who said pretty much what you have just described amd she works it Cheynes and done some kind of colour degree, so should be in good hands?

I would def get your hair stripped to remove a lot of that colour, you'll get a better result. Like I said, if you just have a brown put over the top, all that red/purple is still underneath x

Latest posts

Back