Over highlighted hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nic6182

Reaction score
Hi my friend has been getting a half head of highlights for some time now and she now has a build up of blonde which she isn't liking. Her natural colour is between a 6 and a 7 and she been using goldwell bleach and is about a 10 now. I was going to scatter in some lowlights to break it up I normally use the goldwell lowlights in a 7 but seen the topchic 7N@BP and wondered what this was like and if I'd need to pre pig before hand. Been out of hairdressing a while after having a breakdown and need some help.

I tend to advise against any drastic changes as some clients panic and think bits of their hair look brown, even though it’s only gone from a 10 to a 7.

If your friend has been gradually getting lighter, it might be less of a shock to add a few scattered foils in an 8 rather than a 7 as that will give some depth but will still look a light blonde, especially if they think their natural hair colour is a mousy brown.

Also, you won’t have to pre-pig so a win:win.

Ok thanks do you recommend any 8s? Have you used the 8N@BP? Eventually she is wanting it to look like she has just had some scattered highlights....

Using about 1/3 lv.7G+2/3 lv.8N & 10vol or lower will give a nice balanced color on your almost white background. The 7G will replace the missing y pigment that is dominant in a lv7-9.

Latest posts

Back