Over the counter products - recommend or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baggybear

Reaction score
Can I ask a serious question of all Geeks please (*posted as a thought provoking thread*):

Why would you not recomend an OTC product if it is the best you have found?

What I mean is, IF the OTC product was the best you've used what could be wrong with that OTC product that would stop it being the best product to recommend?

If the best product for the job is 'xyz' why wouldn't it be good/professional to reccomend that product just because its available OTC?

Should we sacrafice the best products we've found to just use professional only products?

Last edited:
Is it not primarily down to retail?

Any over the counter product has to conform to a standard which is set, anything over this level has to be prescribed by a competent authorised person. Take environ skincare the active ingredients are higher than what is acceptable to be sold in a high street store. As for make up I don't see any difference whatsoever.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've never found an OTC product better.

OTC is an increasingly grey area as more and more previously salon-exclusive brands become available through other channels.

Latest posts

Back