Overbleached

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CadenceAlex

Reaction score
My hair was natural and I had foils put on which were left on for over 2 hours. Bleach. My hair is now like chewing gum and so dry. The top is all brassy orange and it looks absolutely awful. I've bought L'Oreal silver shampoo and used it twice but frankly, I can't even be bothered to wash it again for a few days because the consistency of my hair whilst washing is horrendous. It takes me an hour to wash and condition it. It is really that bad.

What can I do to it to make it better or is it going to be like this until it grows out?

Do you have a picture? If the top is orange a silver shampoo won't do anything because it only neutralises yellow :)

My hair was natural and I had foils put on which were left on for over 2 hours. Bleach. My hair is now like chewing gum and so dry. The top is all brassy orange and it looks absolutely awful. I've bought L'Oreal silver shampoo and used it twice but frankly, I can't even be bothered to wash it again for a few days because the consistency of my hair whilst washing is horrendous. It takes me an hour to wash and condition it. It is really that bad.

What can I do to it to make it better or is it going to be like this until it grows out?
The hair thats like chewing gum will have to be cut off, there's nothing that can save that! But olaplex and moisturising an strengthening treatments will help keep the damaged hair more manageable.

The hair thats like chewing gum will have to be cut off, there's nothing that can save that! But olaplex and moisturising an strengthening treatments will help keep the damaged hair more manageable.

That is all my hair on the bottom, it is white blonde and like straw. From root to tip. The ones on the top were left on for less than an hour but underneath was way over 2 hours. Probably more like 3 and a half when I think about it. I was there for 5 hours in total. I can't take it off, it's extremely long :(

How often do I need to do that? I am devastated.

Ah no!

Five hours is excessive!! When I was in training (10 years ago) I had a trainee put 40vol instead of 20 on the scalp! The only way I could cope was to buy a satin scarf and sleep with a treatment on and the scalp wrapped around my head if that makes sense xx

Woah, that sounds dreadful. The hair is banjaxed if it’s like chewing gum.
Was this a high street salon?
You need to go back and complain very loudly and I’d be wanting not only a refund but lots of free deep conditioning treatments plus possibly compensation to cover the cost of hair extensions.
Seriously damaged hair needs to be cut off to encourage new growth and it might be worth investigating having some hair extensions fitted.
Bleach shouldn’t be left on for more than 50 mins in the majority of cases.

Woah, that sounds dreadful. The hair is banjaxed if it’s like chewing gum.
Was this a high street salon?
You need to go back and complain very loudly and I’d be wanting not only a refund but lots of free deep conditioning treatments plus possibly compensation to cover the cost of hair extensions.
Seriously damaged hair needs to be cut off to encourage new growth and it might be worth investigating having some hair extensions fitted.
Bleach shouldn’t be left on for more than 50 mins in the majority of cases.

Well my hair has all snapped off around the front so I look like I have a receding hairline.

I go back there today to speak to her.

20180517_154809.jpg

And now this is what it is like.

Here it is 6 days after.

Attachments

• 15272429178648453364817632059430.jpg
    15272429178648453364817632059430.jpg
    768.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 15272429584914254348767521022588.jpg
    15272429584914254348767521022588.jpg
    930.6 KB · Views: 55
Schwarzkopf do a nice conditioning mousse colour (Igora) that will give a healthier look to your hair if you could go darker (gives a smoother, shinier look and also might fill the roughness a bit). It’s a no-mix formula, so no ammonia or peroxide, and will truly wash out (depends on your hair but you should get a few washes out of it). This might tide you over until you grow it out and eventually recolour the virgin hair.

Latest posts

Back