overexposure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

funkyfitnails

Reaction score
can anyone help me? i was practising on my nail trainer with vf21 star nails and my dermatitis flared up on my right hand two middle fingers. i got stuff off the doctor. i now only use gel but it is still quite sore and seems to get worse when i blend tips ( maybe the dust??). i am quite new to the industry and dont want to be finished before i have started.
any ansewrs or hints will be fantastic.

Hi,
I know some techs who have allergy problems.
They wear thin latex gloves to work in :) Not for everyone, but if get real bad reaction, Its better than giving up nails. :)

I would not advise wearing Latex.

The reason being is that Latex is a natural substance and as such, is far more likely to cause an adverse reaction when compared to a synthetic material.
Something like 50% of people are naturally allergic to latex! For those that arent, they soon will be using Latex gloves and monomer. That is because monomer breaks down the Latex protein and carries it into the skin, making a reaction occur much faster.

I have sourced some gloves in the UK that Designer Nails is now stocking which would be your best bet, they are made from a material called Nitrile. They are the same type of gloves that Dr's use whilst slicing and dicing people.

Anyhooo... thats your best bet IMO ;)

thanks for the replies.
i am actually already allergic to latex and rubber so would the nitrile still be ok? if yes where can i get them as i didnt train with creative and dont know the site thanks

this isnt a cnd site, but you can get the gloves from Designer Nails at 01132755719. You dont need training from CND to buy the gloves. Make sure you ask for Nitrile ;)

They are the same type of gloves that Dr's use whilst slicing and dicing people.

:eek:

gotta love em
:twisted: :lol: :lol: :twisted:​

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back