Overhead manicure light - is it worth switching?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leescah

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

I currently have this lamp:
daylight-magnifying-lamp-dn1020.jpg

And am thinking of making the switch to this one:

217jgEcMwAL._SX342_.jpg

My current lamp is a bit frustrating to work with - shadowy at times and I also seem to get a lot of glare on the nail especially with Shellac as it's so shiny! But it's not terrible and has lasted me this far, it's only because I've heard some great things about the slimline one that I've been thinking of switching.

However, without being able to 'road test' the slimline lamp, I'm a bit worried I'll just be spending more money and won't see enough of a difference to justify it. Plus having read some old threads it seems the slimline one is a little more fragile with lots of reports of too much movement causing wire ruptures and faults etc.

So can anyone offer any insight at all please? If you've had experience with both lamps, is the slimline one loads better for shadows and glare on the nail? Have you had much trouble with lamps becoming faulty?

Thank you!!! And sorry for the long post, I'm incapable of being brief! :p xx

Hi geeks!

217jgEcMwAL._SX342_.jpg

My current lamp is a bit frustrating to work with - shadowy at times and I also seem to get a lot of glare on the nail especially with Shellac as it's so shiny! But it's not terrible and has lasted me this far, it's only because I've heard some great things about the slimline one that I've been thinking of switching.

However, without being able to 'road test' the slimline lamp, I'm a bit worried I'll just be spending more money and won't see enough of a difference to justify it. Plus having read some old threads it seems the slimline one is a little more fragile with lots of reports of too much movement causing wire ruptures and faults etc.

So can anyone offer any insight at all please? If you've had experience with both lamps, is the slimline one loads better for shadows and glare on the nail? Have you had much trouble with lamps becoming faulty?

I am too in the process of changing daylight lamp and have been looking at these but I am mobile and need one with a base!! Does anyone know where I can get one?

I am too in the process of changing daylight lamp and have been looking at these but I am mobile and need one with a base!! Does anyone know where I can get one?
I think 'Daylight' themselves sell the bases for their lamps (you have to buy separately IIRC) x

I have a daylight lamp I got mine from hobby craft they have lots...with stands...and just had a offer on them too...it maybe still on xx

It's a great light. I did some training and just went 'wow I can see'.

Cheapest I've found it is on sew and sew for about £62.

No problem at all with wires etc x

It's a great light. I did some training and just went 'wow I can see'.

Cheapest I've found it is on sew and sew for about £62.

No problem at all with wires etc x

Thank you! Yes I've been keeping an eye on Sew and So's website; they're out of stock at the moment but hoping they'll get more stock in soon! x

I had the exact same light and I kept hitting my head on it as well as having to lean to see my customers face. I paid the price and bought the slim... It doesn't glare as much bc you can swival the light to angle as you want... (but it's not as bright either) and I do miss that part! I've used it for a month now, no electrical problems as yet. Personally, my vote is if it lasts 1 year it's worth the extra money spent!

Hi geeks!

217jgEcMwAL._SX342_.jpg

I think they have these on offer at IKEA. [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back