Overlay - Tippy toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flanakat

Reaction score
Approx 7 weeks ago I overlaid my big toe nails with pink and white acrylic, I finished them with a coat of Moonlight & Roses and 5 rhinestones across the smile lines and painted the rest of the toes to match. Despite needing rebalancing, they still look incredibly good and I can't quite believe how good. :eek:

Since then, I have had loads of comments and so have my Mum & Sister who are now also sporting them and my friend who has flown out to Oz to be a Bridesmaid for her Sister. I have a que of people who would like them but I have a few questions to anyone who offers this service.

Do you overlay all of the toes or generally get away with the big ones only?
Pink & white or coloured powders?
How much to charge for just big toes & charges for full set?
How long before rebalance? (mine have been 7 weeks so far :eek: )
How much to charge for rebalance?
Could I think of any more questions?:rolleyes:

Phew, off for a lie down now!

Flanakat
x

Hi
we do LOADS of gel polish in the summer months. We charge £20 takes about 45-1hr we do cuticle work and ob give them a wash first eew!! :eek:
oh and we set the gems into the final finishing layer of gel! ob charge extra for that to :o a girls got to make a living.

Though it can be pretty popular, I never got into enhancing toenails simply because it usually entailed extending the plate which is one of the leading causes of onycholysis on toenails (which in turn is a leading contributor of toe nail infections).

Saying that, most I have spoken to have been very successful with it. Just thought I would put in my 2 cents ;)

Hiya

I dont extend babes only coat with a col or french ;)

The Nail Geek said:
Though it can be pretty popular, I never got into enhancing toenails simply because it usually entailed extending the plate which is one of the leading causes of onycholysis on toenails (which in turn is a leading contributor of toe nail infections).QUOTE]

Hi Mr G

I havent extended the length of the nails at all, so would this lessen the risk of onycholysis and any subsequent infections?

Thanks

Flanakat

Well, when I overlay toe nails this is what I do.
1. I give what I call a mini pedicure where I soak the feet, do a scrub and then a mask (optional). I don't cut cuticle because when filing toes for acrylic I don't want to irritate the skin.
2. I apply the nails like I would on the hands (following all sanitary precautions)
a. Buff
b. apply french tip to all the toes. I use the same french tip that I use for the nails and I try to get the biggest one for the big toe. I find that backscratchers french white tip 00 works best for the big toe.
c. cut to the same size as toe nails without adding a free edge.
d. apply acrylic (not a lot, just one ball for all toes and maybe three for the big toe)
e. buff and shine
f. add nail art (optional) polish with top coat.
I've been doing it like this for 3 years and I have had no problems. I do more french acrylic toe nails in the summer. As for refills, I schedule my clients 1 month for another mini pedicure and for refills. This usually last for the summer. I charge $70 for all this and refills are $43. The end result looks awesome!

Nidia

ns21 said:
Well, when I overlay toe nails this is what I do.
1. I give what I call a mini pedicure where I soak the feet, do a scrub and then a mask (optional). I don't cut cuticle because when filing toes for acrylic I don't want to irritate the skin.
2. I apply the nails like I would on the hands (following all sanitary precautions)
a. Buff
b. apply french tip to all the toes. I use the same french tip that I use for the nails and I try to get the biggest one for the big toe. I find that backscratchers french white tip 00 works best for the big toe.
c. cut to the same size as toe nails without adding a free edge.
d. apply acrylic (not a lot, just one ball for all toes and maybe three for the big toe)
e. buff and shine
f. add nail art (optional) polish with top coat.
I've been doing it like this for 3 years and I have had no problems. I do more french acrylic toe nails in the summer. As for refills, I schedule my clients 1 month for another mini pedicure and for refills. This usually last for the summer. I charge $70 for all this and refills are $43. The end result looks awesome!

Nidia

When doing feet, we decided not to soak before applying the enhancements but to use cool Blue sanitizer on the feet instead. WE felt we might be risking the nails being too full of water and not properly dehydrated before application.
So we do the enhancements first and then the pedicure (mask massage etc) after.

Hi,

I did my toes with brisa over 4 weeks ago and am going to rebalance them this weekend, as the 2 smallest toes on each foot are starting to lift, i think it is mainly to do with the fact that i was on hoilday and swimming alot but it definatley looks wicked. I would never get my feet out last summer but now i cant stop wearing flip flops, it just changes the apearance of the foot completley.

Flanakat i personaly would do all the toes, as in the past i have found that polish wouldnt last as long as 4 weeks.

Lisa xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back