Overlays and extentions!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

persian_bitch

Reaction score
:| heyy..can anyone help me, i`m desperate!!!

i`m doing some coursework to complete my training, but i`m stuck, the question is..

name all the different types of overlays used for nail extentions?

and

what are the 2 types of fibreglass and silk in-fills?

xx

Hello...didnt your college insist you buy a Beauty Therapy book that gives you the back ground...if not get yourself to the library quick smart and hire one....YOu can buy many books on Nail Enchancments only but I found my college did not stock these!

The first answer is: Gel, Liquid & Powder and Wraps.

L&P is normally refered to as Acrylic - but all the three systems available are all from the Acrylic family..

The second question - I really dont understand I am afraid...

So hope this helps - but get yourself a book hired you learn more if you get reading....

I book I do recommend is Marian Newmans -The Complete Nail Technician..

best of luck

hi

q2 could be a rebalance or a fill

q2 might be refering to infils where you use resin alone or if you add extra silk/fibreglass.

One book i have also found to be invaluable is "The Encylopedia Of Nails". This has everything to do with nails, different systems, manicure, pedicure, contra-indications, nail shapes etc, even down to opening your own salon, going mobile as well.

As was said previously get down to your library and get a few so you can see which one you get on with for reference.

ru doin unit 19?

The answer to question two is.........you alternate infill appointments to include wrap and just resin. two weeks after putting on fibreglass or silk you need to see them and do an infill that requires just resin and the next two weeks you need to include another layer of fibreglass, then the infills appointments are alternated like that.
Thats how I`m reading that question, I do hope I`m not wrong for you but thats how I do fibreglass (or should I say, DID, as I`m now allergic to it)
HTH

Debs said:
The answer to question two is.........you alternate infill appointments to include wrap and just resin. two weeks after putting on fibreglass or silk you need to see them and do an infill that requires just resin and the next two weeks you need to include another layer of fibreglass, then the infills appointments are alternated like that.
Thats how I`m reading that question, I do hope I`m not wrong for you but thats how I do fibreglass (or should I say, DID, as I`m now allergic to it)
HTH
I have to say that the question is so badly worded that i didnt understand it but having read it again having seen Debs answer, i think she's right! I think that's exactly what they are talking about!!

This is a typical double dutch question I would expect from a college after doing my course - remember some of the cryptic messages I used to get from my tutor lol

I think its about time the people behind putting courses together ask a question in plain language.
Lets face it, most of us know the answers when asked, after some of training of course, if only we understood the questions.

Latest posts

Back