Quantcast

Overlays on Nail Art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEBSY

Reaction score
Hello everybody,this is my first post[been lurkin for 2 months!!],would appreciate some advice.O.K here goes.I have done some nail art freehand on tips,would really like to put these on myself, so, can I put L&P over the top of them?if so then should i or should i not put top coat on the tips [have'nt yet]cos i'm thinking if i do the L&P will slip right off :sad: or not adhere properly :sad: .Hope this makes sense,would love to hear from you as it has taken me long enough to finally do a post!! Debbie

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the site...you will just love it and gain so much knowledge.
Someone else will have to help you with the L&P as an overlay on nail art I assume you mean after blending tip and putting a layer of overlay on & then the nailart with more overlay or do U mean onto a natural nail with overlay after? sorry if I am confusing you. :rolleyes: If you have not blended the tips first and taylored them to your own nails I don't think you could now apply them to your nails without ruining the design due to blending....

Anyway I seal my nail art with either a good top coat or a couple of layers of brush on resin (used in fibreglass systems).

I am sure you know that you can do nail art on top of the overlays and seal with a good top coat and apply another layer the following day then once a week and I have found this these can last upto 3 weeks. Hope this is of some use to you..

Hope to see more posts from you soon....All the best... :)

Fab Freak

Reaction score
DEBSY said:
Hello everybody,this is my first post[been lurkin for 2 months!!],would appreciate some advice.O.K here goes.I have done some nail art freehand on tips,would really like to put these on myself, so, can I put L&P over the top of them?if so then should i or should i not put top coat on the tips [have'nt yet]cos i'm thinking if i do the L&P will slip right off :sad: or not adhere properly :sad: .Hope this makes sense,would love to hear from you as it has taken me long enough to finally do a post!! Debbie
PS Just so you know there is a nail art forum for these kind of questions which you should post this under probably get more responses and have a read for more tips.... :)

DEBSY

Reaction score
thankyou soooooooooooo much for replying,i have done the designs on tips and was hoping i could apply them as you do french tips[no blending]so would not spoil the design with the acrylic over the top,i realised i should have posted this in nail art forum,oooops,sorry,,Debs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts