Overly bleached "white" hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaaaaaade

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am seeking some help. I recently went to a Salon to have my balayage retouched after a year regrowth. Instead of the usual very natural look I go for, the hairdresser gave me a super light ombre look and I hate it. I never asked for that and It is so light some pieces of my hair are even white. Especially around my face.

My hair is mid-back length and I only have my natural colour way above the shoulders on the under pieces. It is going to take ages to grow back and I am desperate. I have been wearing a high bun for two weeks. I called the salon back the day after and she toned me with a gold undertone level 9 but it is still super light plus the toner is washing out very quickly. I don't want to go back to the Salon and I am considering dying my hair at home with a demi-permanent colour so it can last longer than a toner but I am scared for it to turn weird.

I am a natural level 7-6ish I'd say, it is a dark strawberry blonde. I want to get a darker beigy-golden blonde on all the pieces she dyed. She left some pieces of my natural colour in between but very few. The positive point is the ombre is very well blended so I am hoping for the best with dying it. What would you recommend? I was thinking I'd give a go with Swcharzkopf Igora Royal in a level 8. Would a 8-4 be a good choice? It is a beige but I never used it. I am afraid 8-55 would turn too golden but at the same time, my hair is white so I don't want it to turn a strange colour because it has no yellow pigments in it anymore. My skin is fair with yellow undertones, so warmer colours I feel look better on me. What do you guys think?

Thank you so much for your help.

PS: I used Olaplex for a month prior having it dyed and I have been using it since, leaving it overnight and conditioning with keratin masks afterwards so my hair doesn't feel damaged whatsoever, there is some normal breakage at the ends but I'll have it cut to prevent it from breaking further.

Last edited:
No one?

I understand you can't give technical advices on the forum.. so.. does someone recommend a demi or semi colour which is beige-golden undertone, level 8? We don't have redken in France, so Schwarzkopf, Loreal or Wella would be great choices for me.
Also, would you recommend waiting like.. a month or so before dying it again?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Thank you so much

Please visit your nearest salon for a consultation. Sorry, but this is a forum for qualified hairdressers and we cannot offer colouring advice to untrained diy-ers/potential clients.
If we did this, we’d be out of a job. ;)

Oh, I am very sorry I hoped I could find some help to fix a 230£ hairdresser mistake that is not just "go back to the hairdresser".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back