Overselling yourself on Facebook

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cathmck

Reaction score
I feel that's what I've just done very recently.

Looking at my posts, I look kind of desperate and regret posting.

Especially since I hate Facebook with a passion and have pointedly ignored every invite to games etc....and then go on and passionately with my idea.

I now look at myself and see me as a desperado looking for business. [cringe]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remember that not everyone sees every single one of your Facebook posts, it's better to post more rather than less - you need to get yourself out there. Try to post something different each time and make posts really positive like how much you enjoy seeing customers leave with a smile etc x

But, I assume this isn't a hobby ;)

Everyone SHOULD be desperate for business! If you're not going to promote your business then no-one else is going to do it for you.

I really don't think it's something to be ashamed of!

Sharpster is absolutely right. Make the content interesting, varied and engaging and it can only be a good thing!

A large percentage of the designs I produce now are what we call "eFlyers", these are adverts, leaflets and promotions designed purely for Facebook. And without being big-headed, they're transforming the way our clients are promoting themselves and are having real results in terms of appointments and client engagement.

Frankly, if my clients aren't posting stories, pictures of their work etc a couple of times a day....they're doing it wrong :)

p.s I'm not terribly keen on Facebook myself, and very rarely post personal stuff. However, for business I find it a LOT more useful and interactive than my website.

Just remember that not everyone sees every single one of your Facebook posts, it's better to post more rather than less - you need to get yourself out there. Try to post something different each time and make posts really positive like how much you enjoy seeing customers leave with a smile etc x

But, I assume this isn't a hobby ;)

Everyone SHOULD be desperate for business! If you're not going to promote your business then no-one else is going to do it for you.

I really don't think it's something to be ashamed of!

Sharpster is absolutely right. Make the content interesting, varied and engaging and it can only be a good thing!

A large percentage of the designs I produce now are what we call "eFlyers", these are adverts, leaflets and promotions designed purely for Facebook. And without being big-headed, they're transforming the way our clients are promoting themselves and are having real results in terms of appointments and client engagement.

Frankly, if my clients aren't posting stories, pictures of their work etc a couple of times a day....they're doing it wrong :)

p.s I'm not terribly keen on Facebook myself, and very rarely post personal stuff. However, for business I find it a LOT more useful and interactive than my website.

Aww thank you so much for the vote of confidence both of you.

I just feel like such a fraudster having opened a personal account and posting nothing for months......not even in response to my birthday wishes. :o

And now I've opened a business page and I'm all out selling myself like .....well? You know :o

Perhaps I'm a ruthless shark in disguise :twisted::confused::eek:

It's a kind of British mentality sometimes isn't it? :)

"I'm terribly sorry to bother you, but would you mind awfully If I tell you about my services?"

When I first started as self-employed I was much like that myself.

Bugger that! Get out there and give them both barrels! If you don't, you can be sure your competitor will ;)

It's a kind of British mentality sometimes isn't it? :)

"I'm terribly sorry to bother you, but would you mind awfully If I tell you about my services?"

When I first started as self-employed I was much like that myself.

Bugger that! Get out there and give them both barrels! If you don't, you can be sure your competitor will ;)

You are so right. I need to rid myself of all false modesty............and banish it forever. :irked:

Mind you I did tell my sister to get her ass into motion and get her 'shy' pals down to see me. :green:

It always makes me feel better if I mix up sales/promotion and free appointment posts with other things like showcasing nail art, new colours, products, before&afters and business related posts e.g. 'Today we're at the pro beauty show!' With a picture.

I think it's a great way to express yourself as a business and showcase your style and then it doesn't look so bad when you say '1 appointment space free today - call me on ... to book in!' Xx

Latest posts

Back