Overspray problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbie girl

Reaction score
Sorry to ask another tanning question but Ive just done a natrasun dark and envious tan and there was loads of overspray which was a little uncomfortable for client and myself. I havent been using this solution long and don't know whether I'm doing something wrong or is it my compressor ?

Any ideas please? Many thanks

I believe that you do tend to get more overspray from compressor type machines than HVLP machines. Please excuse me if I am wrong as I have never used a compressor type only the HVLP and there is hardly any overspray at all with these.

HTH

Naturasun is a very fine solution, there is always a lot of overspray if your pressure is too high. You need to be working at a max of about 10-12 psi.

Naturasun is a very fine solution, there is always a lot of overspray if your pressure is too high. You need to be working at a max of about 10-12 psi.
Airbrush and compressor...I used to use them, even working at 10psi, overspray with any solution was bad, plus, the time to do a tan is lengthened....Zingara, do you use airbrush and compressor for your tans?

I use both but mainly compressor and airbrush, yes....and I love it for most tans.

I don't really suffer any overspray if I use the correct working pressure (they range from about 10psi up to about 18 dependant on the viscosity of the solution), or find that it increases my time too much at all (certainly not with my current airbrush anyway), and I find it so much easier for contouring, shading etc than HVLP, but I just found Naturasun one of the solutions that didn't work that well, certainly with mine as the lower pick-up on my airbrush matches the better working pressure for the solution. That, and the fact that I had a whole litre of D&E, go 'off' on me, despite being stored correctly caused me to discontinue using Naturasun!

There will be solutions better matched to HVLP and some to compressor, I'm sure. My current main supplier definitely recommends use of compressor and airbrush and it delivers a beautiful tan this way. I also love the fact I can bang my compressor on practically all day if I wish, do continuous tanning and never worry about overheating....I've actually seen HVLP machines go pop in the past from this, so was a concern for me.

I'm starting to consider the use of a mini-mist for mobile work, as I do get quite a few bookings for tanning parties now, purely out of convenience for carrying it more than anything else, but I can see big advantages of both. And yet to be convinced to spend the cash, when there's so much else I want to buy!

But each to their own, I guess!

There has been some talk about airbrush and compressors and the effect of using a high psi, over 7psi on the skin, which did worry me, which is one of the reasons I switched to a HPLV (the machine I use sprays at less than 3psi)....overspray another.....I was spraying at about 15psi before this.

I don't get that many requests, well I've never had any....not trained in contouring so can't offer contouring, for which I can see you need an airbrush...most of my clients just want a general tan.

Latest posts

Back