Overspraying my tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireb8215

Reaction score
hi everyone can you please help me i have just started out doing spray tanning in my friend's salon and mobile. I have bought the T200 truespray machine which is brilliant but for some reason i have lots of overspray on the skin all the time, and it runs down the client's legs. Can anyone suggest what i can do about this, i have turned the gun down. someone did mention to me that you can buy a mit to rub it in does anyone know what this mit is please. Would very much appreciate your help.

hi everyone can you please help me i have just started out doing spray tanning in my friend's salon and mobile. I have bought the T200 truespray machine which is brilliant but for some reason i have lots of overspray on the skin all the time, and it runs down the client's legs. Can anyone suggest what i can do about this, i have turned the gun down. someone did mention to me that you can buy a mit to rub it in does anyone know what this mit is please. Would very much appreciate your help.

Hi Claire,

from what you are describing and even though you may have turned your gun down you are clearly still using far to much solution if it is running down your clients skin.

Two things.....firstly turn the gun down more still and when your passing over the skin you possibly are moving to slowly so try speeding up a bit.

There really shouldn't be any need to use mitts if the output volume and speed of hand action (technique) are correct...always handy to have a pair of mitts close buy just in case though

HTH :hug:

I agree with Colin also double check your distance being too close can also have the same effect. Don't forget to check the flow by spraying a piece of couch roll b4 spraying your client. hth.

the mitt that sienna have in their kit is a bit like a stretchy flannel that fits on your hand i have one but don't need it but if you want one just go on sienna web site they sell them if you get a run you lightly dab the run:Grope:

i have the same machine as you and as colin said i think you need to turn the gun down. i have no problems at all with overspray. you need to test on a piece of couch roll and when you find you perfect gun position, mark it with varnish/marker pen and hey presto, all sorted x

hey
I recently had problems with my spray tan gun so sent it back to sienna and there was actually a manufacturers fault with it so if you do try everything it may be worthwhile getting it checked out.

make sure your not standing too close to the client and you can buy the mitts for a few quid online just search about, this is what your looking for Sally Express | Sun Application Mitt i think most tanning companies will have one, good for blending in around the hairline and dabbing on any runs

Latest posts

Back