ow ow ow ow owwwwww!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nails At The Hat Hire Company

Reaction score
:(
I have just done a very very painful and stupid thing. I hit my nail and its ripped off bar a tiny thread. i have gel extensions on (with tips) and polish. I'm now to scared to take the polish off and its tooooo painful to cut or take the bit off. its split right across the middle about halfway down the natural nail. what can i do any tips or ideas pleaseeee i have clients in tomorrow i dont want a big gammy plaster on it or a horrid looking nail, doesnt boded well when someone is coming to get their nails nice. it hurts, can i just stick gel on top and hope it all stays topgether? ploease pleasee help...'preciate it.

OOOOUUUCCCCHHHHHH

i had the same question a while ago; my friend split her nail halfway down, as yours is, but her split was on her NATURAL nail! Even more ouch!!

I was told to place an overlay over the top (acrylic is best). I was also given a siggestion of applying resin, then whilst its still tacky, place on some fibres frm cotton wool or tissue paper, apply more resin (thin coats!!) and gently buff into a smooth surface.

Im not sure if this would apply for extensions though........maybe you could apply another overlay of gel on and hope for the best; but would that fill in the split so it seems un-noticable??

xxlaylaxx

thanks for that, but....the gel nail has split the natural nail and its kinda lifting off, but not enough to come off if you know what i mean, so the problem is either getting it off without passing out in pain or a 'cover fix and paste solution', as it were,! i only do gel nails at present so maybe i can try another layer but its still lifting at the free edge on my natural nail any more or other help???
cheers

This will be a bit painful but is the proceedure you should follow. :(

First slightly bend and open the break and cleanse and then use a nail disinfectant - that's the painful bit - then when dry put a drop of adhesive (professional nail adhesive) into the split and close the split and let it bond.
That will relieve all the pain.
Now that the nail is stable, slowly and gently thin out the enhancement with a padded buffer. Then add a thin coat of Liquid & powder over the top to rebuild the strength.
I would advise against using gel to rebuild as it is is too flexible and too 'hot' over such a tender area.

The nail will now grow out painlessly. ;)

wondered when it would be my turn to break a nail through my enhancement :shock: bloody car door :evil: .mind you there seems to be a trend in doing this at the moment had 6 people in this week who had done this exact same thing weird :?

Funny enough i have just done the same thing! went to open the car door and ping... off flew my nail.. seem to have started something off now as i have just broke another :evil:

Rule #1

If you or your clients are constantly breaking nails, then you/they are wearing them TOO LONG. They are getting in the way of what your are doing :(

It seems to be a 'girl' thing that we push our nails to the limit. Once you find the optimum length for your lifestyle, you should keep them that length by filing every week.

We all know you're right Geeg but they look so pretty when they're longer and they're a great length for nail art. :D Mind you, they don't look that pretty when they're ripped off and your bleeding everywhere!!!

Tell me about it, i now have more nails off than on at the momment but thankfully i will be getting them sorted out tomorrow. Dont your fingar nails look strange without nails on?? is it me or dose any body else have problems repairing and infilling their own nails espeicaly the right hand i always look like i have some gross nail disfigaration :D

LOL Glitter girl
I do my own nails :D but I think I might have an advantage........I am cack handed :shock: I write right handed but eat left handed (strange I know) but I dont seem to have a problem doing my own nails on either hand ;)
Take care Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back